Show us your Wallets!

Rob99

Forum GOD!
Last year I was looking for a new billfold.
Old one was completly worn out.

Then I realised that I almost never pay with cash. (Also because I’m alwaya broke)

So now I’ve got a wallet just for cards. And some notes.

The next day I went shopping I needed a coin for the shoppingcar/trolley.
And a few for the parkingmeter

Now have a small wallet for coins in my car

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Last year I was looking for a new billfold.
Old one was completly worn out.

Then I realised that I almost never pay with cash. (Also because I’m alwaya broke)

So now I’ve got a wallet just for cards. And some notes.

The next day I went shopping I needed a coin for the shoppingcar/trolley.
And a few for the parkingmeter

Now have a small wallet for coins in my car
That would give me an excuse to buy one of the ones made from a kangaroo scrotum...

D

Deleted member 30

I had an attempt at making my own around 10 years ago after others kept falling apart on me. Being my first attempt I was quite pleased.

Brown leather white wax stitching with a couple of card compartments and a notes section at the back lined in denim.

img_1.jpg

img_2.jpg

img_3.jpg

img_4.jpg

I've got a box with at least 20+ wallets but these are the ones I currently use the most.
First one I made for my god daughters wedding last summer as I had a blue suit and tan brogues, its only partially complete in the photo.
Next is a minimalist card wallet done with African Kudu this is one of my current favourites, leather is very soft probably too soft for a bifold but great for a smaller one.
Next is a bifold done with Horween (horse) leather
Last one is what's currently in my pocket similar to the Kudu one but with 3 pockets instead of just 2

View attachment 41932

View attachment 41933 View attachment 41934 View attachment 41935 View attachment 41936
Very nice work indeed. I plan to make myself a card holder next to replace the wallet above. Any tips on how to keep the stitching straight?

Few minutes' work and couple of penn'orth of duct tape:

View attachment 41947
View attachment 41948
Nice work Chris, low cost and original, I like it. :)

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I think I have 7 wallets thou use only Burberry from my wife with no coin pocket and in car I have coin pouch from Alfred Dunhill. I absolutely love both.

Pics to follow

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have been using a Style n Craft wallet for 10 years. They call it a "hipster". I bought the first one in October 2009. Bought another one in July 2014. I just found the first one sitting in a drawer and looking at it don't know why I bought the second one. The first one looks just fine. So, the first one lasted almost 5 years and the second one is also going on 5 years. It's bigger than a regular bifold wallet but still fits perfectly in my back pocket (I know, I'm not supposed to keep it there). It's only drawback is that it will fit anything I put in it. Which means I need to go through it and purge stuff before I end up with a George Castanza wallet. Soft leather. Strong construction. Never ripped the leather or split a seam. If this one wears out, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I don't carry money in it. I hate pulling out a big wallet to pay for stuff with cash. I just keep my cash in a magnetic leather Johnston & Murphy money clip. And any change is loose in my pocket.

IMG_1049.jpeg
IMG_1050.jpeg
IMG_1051.jpeg

Last edited:

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I previously had a DynoMighty bifold wallet, but I wore a few holes at the corners after 2 years. Now I've got a much cheaper Walart one made of card - seems to be coated - and a card holder for my Oyster card and emergency cash. Think the card wallet will last me a year or so, then I get to buy a new design. For £5 each, not too bad

IMG_20190504_175003_small.jpg

IMG_20190504_175022_small.jpg

IMG_20190504_175048_small.jpg