Boru62
Shaving Boar
Some people say it's drying, which confuses me because, I have dry skin and find it very moisturising.I wouldn't say the post shave is quite as good as mwf
Last edited:
Some people say it's drying, which confuses me because, I have dry skin and find it very moisturising.I wouldn't say the post shave is quite as good as mwf
Interesting. I found both Haslinger and MWF to have nice post shave feel with a slight advantage to Haslinger over MWF. But together the post shave moisturizing seems enhanced. I figure I’m imagining that. But neither one alone would I call drying. But every soap effects certain people differently. That’s the YMMV in shaving.Some people say it's drying, which confuses me because, I have dry skin and find it very moisturising.
I will try 5g of each.Interesting. I found both Haslinger and MWF to have nice post shave feel with a slight advantage to Haslinger over MWF. But together the post shave moisturizing seems enhanced. I figure I’m imagining that. But neither one alone would I call drying. But every soap effects certain people differently. That’s the YMMV in shaving.
I agree, both great soaps and both easy to lather but I also find the MWF more nourishing but that wiill be the lanolin I expect.I will try 5g of each.
I do understand ymmv but lanolin and tallow won't dry your skin.
Talking of ymmv, of the two, I find MWF more nourishing.
Congrats, you're a chosen man!makes me wonder what others are doing different.
It does have a scent, but it’s very mild. It’s likely that the sample you got lost it for one reason or another (it isn’t uncommon, especially if the soap isn’t brand new). I think if MWF had a stronger scent, I wouldn’t like it very much.. I feel it could be cloying. This way, it’s just a pleasant, manly, clean scent, one that leaves after the shave and makes room for the cologne.Just had my 1st experience of MWF courtesy of a sample ( Thanks O - and the razor had an outing too. ),. Now a few slithers pressed into a bowl, bloomed for a few minutes then attacked with a Yaki 30mm tuxedo. WOW. No complaints here. Thick, creamy, easy to lather and lovely to shave with BUT.......... no scent. I like a nice scent but would certainly take this over a similar performing one with a crap scent. Would I buy it? no, I don't think so but again, only because there is no scent. Performance spot on though and SO easy to lather - makes me wonder what others are doing different. I am in hard water area too.
never used it!


Good man James! I shaved with "the Fat" yesterday and always get superb lather. I have also used it in a three or four different countries with the same results. I face lather as well..don't use a bowl. I never understood why it is such a polarizing soap but some folks hate the stuff and say it won't lather. I can agree it has a boring scent but in it's efficacy I find it great. Each to their own I suppose. I'm a fat man.The Fat being lathered...
My first time recording anything, so crap quality. Not a show off video with enough lather shave a mammoth, just my regular method which produces enough for 3 passes in under 3 minutes. In hindsight I should have played with the lather at the end but the thought didn't occur until I was washing it down the sink and I couldn't be arsed to do it all again. None of that bubbly dissipating rubbish people moan about and my water is hard as nails here.
Don't worry @morr, your brush is safe - This was recorded the other day![]()
