MWF Can you lather it?

Can you lather it


  • Total voters
    62

Dr Watson

James
Good man James! I shaved with "the Fat" yesterday and always get superb lather. I have also used it in a three or four different countries with the same results. I face lather as well..don't use a bowl. I never understood why it is such a polarizing soap but some folks hate the stuff and say it won't lather. I can agree it has a boring scent but in it's efficacy I find it great. Each to their own I suppose. I'm a fat man.:D
JAMES
Don’t underestimate, or run yourself down, it’s a brilliant recording!!
Thanks chaps, one does one's best :okay:

The fat has two alleged "faults"...

1. Lack of scent, which I consider a boon as there is nothing to tire of.

2. It won't lather, I seriously wonder if these guys are limp wristed or something? Took me no time at all with a soft silvertip, if I'd used the boar it would have been quicker still.

What can I say? The fact it's polarizing makes me enjoy it all the more :p:
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
The Fat being lathered...


My first time recording anything, so crap quality. Not a show off video with enough lather shave a mammoth, just my regular method which produces enough for 3 passes in under 3 minutes. In hindsight I should have played with the lather at the end but the thought didn't occur until I was washing it down the sink and I couldn't be arsed to do it all again. None of that bubbly dissipating rubbish people moan about and my water is hard as nails here.

Don't worry @morr, your brush is safe - This was recorded the other day :happy:
I don't believe you used MWF. :headshake:
This screams 'Fake news' to me.:p:

Killer tune though.:D

Top video mate. :thumbsup:
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
The Fat being lathered...


My first time recording anything, so crap quality. Not a show off video with enough lather shave a mammoth, just my regular method which produces enough for 3 passes in under 3 minutes. In hindsight I should have played with the lather at the end but the thought didn't occur until I was washing it down the sink and I couldn't be arsed to do it all again. None of that bubbly dissipating rubbish people moan about and my water is hard as nails here.

Don't worry @morr, your brush is safe - This was recorded the other day :happy:
Video, tune, lather all excellent James, and love the bowl even though I'm a face latherer.
This screams 'Fake news' to me.:p:
I didn't know your middle name is Donald, Rob.
 

Dr Watson

James
Video, tune, lather all excellent James, and love the bowl even though I'm a face latherer.
You're too kind :)

Yeah its a nifty little bowl, vintage Swedish apparently... I dont know about that sort of thing but I do know the Mrs would kill me if she knew I borrowed it :laugh: I always face lather but no chance was I filming my ugly mug!
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
You're too kind :)

Yeah its a nifty little bowl, vintage Swedish apparently... I dont know about that sort of thing but I do know the Mrs would kill me if she knew I borrowed it :laugh: I always face lather but no chance was I filming my ugly mug!
Haha, let's hope the video self destructs before she sees it.
I also live in a hard water area and if it wasn't for the lovely ceramic MWF container I may have listened to the naysayers and missed out on a great budget soap.
 

Dr Watson

James
Haha, let's hope the video self destructs before she sees it.
I also live in a hard water area and if it wasn't for the lovely ceramic MWF container I may have listened to the naysayers and missed out on a great budget soap.
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :p:

The Holy Black in the US have cottoned on the the ceramic container thing, their creeper soaps look fantastic... I wish more were available, plastic pots are so naff.
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :p:

The Holy Black in the US have cottoned on the the ceramic container thing, their creeper soaps look fantastic... I wish more were available, plastic pots are so naff.
Whoops, sorry, I never knew you felt that way etc.
I agree but shaving soap producers are supplying a niche market.
 

Dr Watson

James
Whoops, sorry, I never knew you felt that way etc.
I agree but shaving soap producers are supplying a niche market.
Exactly lol.

You're right of course, I should be grateful for what we have on offer... I hate to think about it but the day may come they remove tallow from MWF or some other such heresy.
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Exactly lol.

You're right of course, I should be grateful for what we have on offer... I hate to think about it but the day may come they remove tallow from MWF or some other such heresy.
I keep trying to explain to vegans that their wishes will lead to the extinction of domesticated livestock but my forehead has shattered and the wall's missing a few chips.

Edit: I'm beginning to think some would rather have no livestock at all than have one mistreated animal.
 
Last edited:

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nope. Tried 3 separate pucks. Can't be bothered with the faff. Great to use as a hand soap lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Revisited the Fat today with an Omega boar and water harder than I originally thought. A double drop in the bowl and a good stir and "good to go". I really do not understand what people have problems with here. There is only one thing missing and that is scent but we know that when we use it. Thank you Dr. W for my purchase. Even 'er indoors likes the bowl.
 
Top