MWF Can you lather it?

Can you lather it


  • Total voters
    62

Wayne

Forum Sod
I must confess I did have one on me this morning…Which is unusual for me as I’m know as ‘Mr Ray of Sunshine’ at work.:wink:

You know me Wayne I tell it the way it is….well the way ‘it is’ to me anyway. I tend to see things quite different to most people. I’ve been watching a number of YouTube videos over the weekend and I was a bit fed up with every soap and every razor being ‘specular’ or the ‘best in the business’. I think people tend not to be negative just in case they upset either the vendors or other members/viewers who get defensive about what they own.

I don’t hate MWF but I’d much rather use something else….Who needs a drink! :giggle:
Mate I'd rather have one of you than 50 sycophants. I too tell it my way and if I don't like it I don't however I tend to get starstruck by the latest greatest and jump in with both feet saying how wonderful things are without giving it a proper go then realising it isn't for me. I'm slowly learning not to jump in as quickly with the praise.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Mate I'd rather have one of you than 50 sycophants. I too tell it my way and if I don't like it I don't however I tend to get starstruck by the latest greatest and jump in with both feet saying how wonderful things are without giving it a proper go then realising it isn't for me. I'm slowly learning not to jump in as quickly with the praise.
Totally with you. I too can be too quick to dismiss things and jump on the hype train with others. We are our own worst enemy.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I never jump on the hype train. But with MWF, is different. The people on YouTube who praise MWF don't do it for the vendor or for any other reason. They simply like it. I like it too but I must make a decent lather sometime!

That been said I don't understand those guys who underestimate Saponificio Varesino for example, just to compare it with an artisan soap with tallow from 5 different animals, and because of the great label it has on the outside and because the package is good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I never jump on the hype train. But with MWF, is different. The people on YouTube who praise MWF don't do it for the vendor or for any other eason. They simply like it. I like it too but I must make a decent lather sometime!

That been said I don't understand those guys who underestimate Saponificio Varesino for example, just to compare it with an artisan soap with tallow from 5 different animals, and because of the great label it has on the outside and because the package is good.
I was generalising about products not MWF specifically. I actually see more 'how to lather MWF' vidoes than anyone using it for a shave.

Saponificio Varesino is my favourite soap brand. They tick all the boxes for me.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I was generalising about products not MWF specifically. I actually see more 'how to lather MWF' vidoes than anyone using it for a shave.

Saponificio Varesino is my favourite soap brand. They tick all the boxes for me.
Yes, I understood your thought. I absolutely agree with your previous post.

SV is the king, what can I say...
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
When I was just discovering the wonderful world of soaps i heard many stuff about the legendary MWF. Bought a sample, but never had luck with it. Very poor lather in 4-5 tries. Gave up on it and moved on. Now when i have more experience i might try again, but there are so many great soaps, far better in scent and so easy to lather that i have no real interest in buying a MWF. As @Blackmass said: life's too short :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
When i was just discovering the wonderful world of soaps i heard many stuff about tbe legendary MWF. Bought a sample, bit never had luck with it. Very poor lather in 4-5 tries. Gave up on it and moved on. Now when i have more experience i might try again, but there are so many great soaps, far better in scent and so easy to lathet that i have no real interest in buying a MWF. As @Blackmass said: life's too short :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
You are missing out.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
When i was just discovering the wonderful world of soaps i heard many stuff about tbe legendary MWF. Bought a sample, bit never had luck with it. Very poor lather in 4-5 tries. Gave up on it and moved on. Now when i have more experience i might try again, but there are so many great soaps, far better in scent and so easy to lathet that i have no real interest in buying a MWF. As @Blackmass said: life's too short :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
I completely agree. However, MWF also shames a lot of fancy arse "artisan" soaps. So it is worth a revisit!
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I have hard water and solely use synthetic brushes. Aside from hydrating the soap for 12 hours when I bought it and keeping it hydrated (lid goes straight back after use, it gets no special treatment whatsoever. For me it lathers effortlessly.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 

Tzimisce

Forum GOD!
You have to hate it so as to love it.
Load it like there is no tomorrow with a stiff brush and face lather.
It has a great post shave feeling with amazing protection and slickness.
But don't leave it aside to get dry.
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
I’ve been able to lather it up from the first time I used it. I had heard it requires a little more loading than other soaps which I agree with but if you take the time you can work up a nice slick lather. I also agree that the scent is not entirely pleasant.

Haslinger Schafmilch is a similar soap but easier to build a lather and smells nicer. Just to see what would happen I grated a puck of the Haslinger and half a puck of MWF for a 50/50 ratio and mixed them and pressed them into an empty TOBS container. The results were really excellent. Lathers really easily and quickly, is nice and slick with lots of cushion, great post shave feel and it smells better than either one alone for some reason. Some others played with the ratios depending upon hardness of water and reported similar results, concluding that the combination provides superior performance better than either one alone. It now has an unofficial name. The Fat ‘As. And an unofficial label.
Chuckle.
Well, that was fun.
I tried Haslinger before and just could not understand what people were talking about.
I was fortunate to receive another one just recently and was amazed how easy it lathered.
I wonder if I had an iffy one? Don't know.

Today I did the 50:50 thing (ish).
What a lathering beast.
I wouldn't say the post shave is quite as good as mwf alone, but not far off.

That was really fun, well worth doing.
Anyone want me to post the rest of this lather I have spare on my brush?
 
Top