What's the dinner tonight?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Enjoyed bank holiday Friday with a BBQ. Slow cooked half a shoulder of lamb the weekend before, so decided to do the whole shoulder this time.
Marinated with a dry shawarma mix, with garlic, smoked paprika, salt, lemon and honey added. Cooked/smoked (6 hours) over coconut shell briquettes and pine wood. Will definitely make it again regardless of the fact that it took 2 days to eat :)
Also threw on some tasty vegan kebabs (Waitrose) and the usual potato and sweet potato.
IMG_20200508_105743.jpg

IMG_20200508_103309.jpg

IMG_20200508_121802.jpg

IMG_20200508_181439.jpg

IMG_20200508_181510.jpg

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Another BBQ this weekend is the plan. Going to try and cook plantain for the first time. Throw on some mince kebabs, tilapia and rib eye as well. Won't need a belt next week.

R181

Grumpy old man
We are alternating one day grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner and a meat dish the next day. Today it is the grilled cheese sandwich and tomatoe soup. Tomorrow It will be roulade with potatoes, gravy and sweat and sour cabbage. Love that dish.

Bob

MPF9

Forum GOD!
As my wife off the road, having had swelling fled/blood taken from knee, I am on Chores. Last night made my first Liver Casserole, accompanied by Cumberland Sausage, Bacon, Mash & Veg [ Carrots, Green Beans & Broccoli stems].

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Made a large amount of Gazpacho soup on Monday. No oil or added sugar and only raw ingredients. Dinner for the next few days with some sourdough bread. Lovely.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Boring as hell. I haven't touched alcohol for nearly a year and a half and don't expect to. I also stopped buying milk and meat in the lockdown. Just black coffee. Fish and fish cakes, eggs, but that's about it. I'm more and more concerned about global warming, and meat animals and specifically cows produce methane which is a greenhouse gas and anyway they consume much more than if we simply grew vegetables. I have a son who just got married and it's now a question of their future and the future of any children they may have. It wouldn't be too strong to say I'm disgusted with many of the worlds leaders who are stupidly and egotistically driving us straight towards disaster. When we need it more than ever in our history on planet earth, the most important decisions that need to be made are in the hands of fools.

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
The boss made a wonderful meal on the gas BBQ tonight. She did up 2 1+ inch thick New York striploin steaks seasoned with salt and pepper, a couple of baked potatoes and an asparagus side. The steaks were seared nicely with a great pinky/red center and just melted in your mouth. Anyone that tells you that you need more than salt and pepper to season a good steak is full of it. I think we will do this often as a break from sausages.

Bob