What's the dinner tonight?

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I love love love Indian food. Back in the 80's I would go into NYC down to 1st Avenue and 6th Street, Little India. Can't remember which restaurant we ate in but it was so darn delicious and so darn cheap. Two of us could go in, eat an entire meal and the bill would be $24 with tip. It was insane. Interestingly, even with my exposure to NYC Indian, I had never had Lamb Korma until a couple weeks ago when I ordered Indian in via DoorDash and decided to try the Lamb Korma. My immediate reaction was "Where have you been my whole life?" Crazy delicious.

R181

Grumpy old man
Tonight we are having a bone in ham shank with scalloped potatoes and veggies. Can't forget the good old hot Keen's mustard too.

Bob

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
It's just me, my wife and son this year. No family. No friends either. We host Thanksgiving every year for anywhere from 15 to 20. And we usually go to my wife's sisters house for Christmas. Frankly, my wife and our little family are polar opposites from her sister and her family. Last year they had massive amounts of furniture from somewhere stacked in their living room so we hosted Christmas as well with them doing most of the cooking. Still massive amounts of work for us. Wasn't into it. This year my sister in law just cancelled Christmas as a family gathering because they are finally renovating their entire ground floor and kitchen after 25 years. Yay!!! So we are making a pre-sliced spiral ham, broccoli and potatoes for dinner. And for dessert, a Banana Cream Pie from scratch. Homemade graham cracker crust which we made last night as well as the filling. We all love this style of ham. And Shoprite was practically giving them away. The ham just went into the oven with the broccoli and potatoes. Yum. Merry Christmas everyone. Happy Shaves!!!

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
The whole family is here for Christmas dinner. All 4 of us, myself, my wife, my mother in law and my Nephew. We are having:

Turkey and sausage stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes
Carrots, Brussel sprouts and corn
Dinner buns
Pumpkin pie and Cool Whip

Merry Christmas to all

Bob

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
It's just me, my wife and son this year. No family. No friends either. We host Thanksgiving every year for anywhere from 15 to 20. And we usually go to my wife's sisters house for Christmas. Frankly, my wife and our little family are polar opposites from her sister and her family. Last year they had massive amounts of furniture from somewhere stacked in their living room so we hosted Christmas as well with them doing most of the cooking. Still massive amounts of work for us. Wasn't into it. This year my sister in law just cancelled Christmas as a family gathering. Yay!!! So we are making a pre-sliced spiral ham, broccoli and potatoes for dinner. And for dessert, a Banana Cream Pie from scratch. Homemade graham cracker crust which we made last night as well as the filling. We all love this style of ham. And Shoprite was practically giving them away. The ham just went into the oven with the broccoli and potatoes. Yum. Merry Christmas everyone. Happy Shaves!!!
Enjoy !

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The whole family is here for Christmas dinner. All 4 of us, myself, my wife, my mother in law and my Nephew. We are having:

Turkey and sausage stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes
Carrots, Brussel sprouts and corn
Dinner buns
Pumpkin pie and Cool Whip

Merry Christmas to all

Bob
There was just four here, Mrs, Me and the two kids. We have had a lovely day, all mucked in and helped, had a great meal, lovely presents, watched t.v. and had a good laugh. Still a few hours left, but a day you don’t want to end.

Have a great meal.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Pork, Thyme and Fennel Linguine with stir fried rainbow vegetables.
Delicious.
We've bought a a few recipes from gousto.co.uk, just to try something different. Absolutely loving it, we have not had a bad meal yet.. Great value with the 60% off...
(PM me if you want 60% off)

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
Ouch, not even a like lol. No picture tonight but it was turkey and gravy pies (I don't know if you call them pot pies in the UK, because I've only ever eaten hand pies in a Commonwealth country).

Tomorrow is a surf and turf Japanese style, with a miso marinated NY strip steak pan grilled and oven finished, tempura shrimp and vegetables, and a fine sake to celebrate our 1 year anniversary of buying a house!

halvor

a most elusive fish
Got to revive this thread. I know there’s plenty of eaters, kitchen dwellers and hobby chefs here.

Trying to clear out a little from the freezer, and use some greens from the fridge, so: a base for fish soup underway, be it a traditional Norwegian, a curried one or more of a tomato bouillabaisse style (in which case I should blend everything in the photo..).

C35701D8-7DF6-4E7F-A16E-497563B6CAED.jpeg

PS. Gave you that missing like, @Pattorashu :wink: