The One Soap One Month Challenge!

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Never heard what you thought of it, I just realised. So? :)
I think it's great, very thirsty but rewarding. Great protection, great scent a definite winner and I will be going back to it the shave after next as I am testing the So-Flo Bay Rum out at the moment...........:(
It is another that I will add to the buy again list........:thumbsup:
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
I think it's great, very thirsty but rewarding. Great protection, great scent a definite winner and I will be going back to it the shave after next as I am testing the So-Flo Bay Rum out at the moment...........:(
It is another that I will add to the buy again list........:thumbsup:
Happy to hear!
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
So I’ve chucked the IK in the bin. Far too fussy. I’ve had so many bad shaves!

I’ve got mike barbershop on for feb. Let’s hope I make a good dent in it!
I seem to remember that IK became a bath soap for me. I hope (and fully expect) Mike’s will work better for you!

I’m trying to clear out lesser-used items ahead of our (hopeful) house move next month. This means samples and odds-and-sods. I’ve finished a sample of Xpec today. Next up are samples of Eufros Rosa Bourbon and Gea (in order). Once they’re done, I have an unboxed Palmolive stick that I’d like to reacquaint myself with. Projecting forwards, I have remnants of full size Bufflehead and Martin de Candre that I’d like to empty. These will probably take me well into summer...
 
Last edited:

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Back to using Vreto Mystic Woods.........:woot:
I think I will use this for March as well as it had to have a rest for a fair bit of this month.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
This thread has been gathering dust for the past few months so I thought that I would take it out of mothballs and try and get its ol' joints moving again.

For the whole month of of May and up to this point in June I have been using Phoenix and Beau's Star Noir. This is my favourite scented soap - based on Minotaure (I think) - and I have decided to use this tub until it is done mainly because I had been using it quite sparingly because I didn't think it would make a return. However, there is another batch coming later in the year and I still have a couple of tubs left in reserve.

I didn't start out consciously thinking "I am going to only use this soap over the next month or I will try and finish a tub" but as May progressed I just found myself reaching for it again and again despite all the other soaps I have available to me it just sort of happened. We are now into June and it smells lovely and performs excellently so why not?
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Great decision. I cannot commit myself to one soap. My willpower is close to none. :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
After finishing a couple of creams and samples my soap collection is down to 2. Both of which are Wickham 1912 so one soap one month will be happening for me again.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
That's what I am finding @Nishy I really am able to hit the lather "sweet spot" every time now. Not difficult, I know, with Phoenix and Beau's great soaps but I enjoy the whole "getting to know the soap" aspect of lather building as much as, if indeed, not better than having the focus of rotation on scent profile alone.

Making the decision to stick to using Kerry's P&B, Darron's Wickham's and Manuel's Eufros is enabling me to get to know how to get the best out of each of these great soaps while still providing plenty of variety in terms of scent and choice of tallow/non tallow.

Of course, I realise that some may argue that I am missing out on a number of other great soaps by limiting myself in this way but that is off set for me by the consistency and enjoyment I get from each shave.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
That's what I am finding @Nishy I really am able to hit the lather "sweet spot" every time now. Not difficult, I know, with Phoenix and Beau's great soaps but I enjoy the whole "getting to know the soap" aspect of lather building as much as, if indeed, not better than having the focus of rotation on scent profile alone.

Making the decision to stick to using Kerry's P&B, Darron's Wickham's and Manuel's Eufros is enabling me to get to know how to get the best out of each of these great soaps while still providing plenty of variety in terms of scent and choice of tallow/non tallow.

Of course, I realise that some may argue that I am missing out on a number of other great soaps by limiting myself in this way but that is off set for me by the consistency and enjoyment I get from each shave.
I made a decision early on to not have huge amounts of soap at any one time and actually finish tubs if I was happy with the particular brand and scent.

I've only sold a couple on and that was purely on scent (Reef Point Aviator and P&B Spitfire).

I agree that there's plenty of soaps that are on my wish list, but I seem to stick to a couple of makes and so know the soaps quite well.
 
Top