The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I have a couple jars of Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore soft Italian soap. I really like it, but have only used it once every 10 days or 2 weeks for a year and a half, perhaps longer. I noticed a week ago that the scent is beginning to weaken, so I've been using it every day. In so doing, I am learning that it has a bit more drying effect on my skin than I had thought. Nothing serious, but simply one of the characteristics of the soap. Using the same soap each day with a different brush also teaches about the characteristics of the brushes. This soap works brilliantly with any brush, but that isn't always the case.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Well after two months plus, I used a soap other than Star Noir yesterday :(. I didn't stray too far though - using @phoenixandbeau Spitfire :D with matching solid cologne and the, newly released lotion.

I have been really looking forward to trying this new lotion out since it arrived from Kerry earlier this week ( and hence the reason for laying aside Star Noir), which compliments the soap and cologne perfectly and I really recommend you try if you enjoy the the Spitfire scent.

Spitfire was actually the first ever soap that I owned made by a UK artisan. As I frequented the Badger and Blade forum, UK and European soaps were being given very little, if any, mention at that time. My artisan soap collection was therefore made up of B&M and Mike's - great soaps - but they were costing me a small fortune to acquire direct from the US. I decided, therefore, to use a google search in an attempt to track down, unsuccessfully, a UK based supplier for the aforementioned soaps but I did come across the Phoenix and Beau website.

Having an interest in military history, it was the Spitfire label that drew me into buying that particular soap. Finding out how good the soap performs made it a mainstay in my rotation.
 

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
Well after two months plus, I used a soap other than Star Noir yesterday :(. I didn't stray too far though - using @phoenixandbeau Spitfire :D with matching solid cologne and the, newly released lotion.

I have been really looking forward to trying this new lotion out since it arrived from Kerry earlier this week ( and hence the reason for laying aside Star Noir), which compliments the soap and cologne perfectly and I really recommend you try if you enjoy the the Spitfire scent.

Spitfire was actually the first ever soap that I owned made by a UK artisan. As I frequented the Badger and Blade forum, UK and European soaps were being given very little, if any, mention at that time. My artisan soap collection was therefore made up of B&M and Mike's - great soaps - but they were costing me a small fortune to acquire direct from the US. I decided, therefore, to use a google search in an attempt to track down, unsuccessfully, a UK based supplier for the aforementioned soaps but I did come across the Phoenix and Beau website.

Having an interest in military history, it was the Spitfire label that drew me into buying that particular soap. Finding out how good the soap performs made it a mainstay in my rotation.
Great to read @Lann, thanks for sharing and thanks for the kind words. I say without hesitation that Spitfire is the soap that made us.

Have a great week,

Kerry.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I've made this month Soapy Science September. @Boonie21

I've been using Doc's Special Bend all month and actually seem to have made a little dent in the surface as well as having some lovely shaves!
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
I have been using P&B's Spitfire right up to my final shave with it last night when I finished the tub. Great soap and great scent. I am going to finish the month with Star Noir before moving to Wickham's for the month of October.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
For the last three weeks I've only been using one soap and one razor, the soap is London Oatcake shaving soap and it is fantastic, creamy, slick and with a rarther nice light spicy scent.
I have also been using only one razor for the same period of time , my Blackland Blackbird SB and I have been having great shaves.
This is very unusual for me as I usually change my soap and razor every day.
Both soap and razor highly recommended. :) P .
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
I forgot that this was a thing.
I have been using a Vreto for months.
Well, apart from a couple of shaves. One of which was MWF another 50:50 MWF and Haslinger.
I have nearly finished this Vreto, will move on to the 50:50 next, it seemed pretty fun.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
I have been using my Timeless with the scalloped top cap and .68 baseplate exclusively since Christmas and while mild gives an efficient and enjoyable shave. I don't normally need a BBS shave but if, and when I do, I just add another pass or use the .95 plate depending upon how I am feeling or how much time I have available.
While it is nice to have options and try new things, I am finding it equally enjoyable to really get to know a particular soap and razor well particularly when both are of such high quality
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I started the month of Soapy Science September @Boonie21 with about 75% of the tub remaining and via massive overloading I probably have 2-3 shave left from it. Rather than put it back in the cupboard I'm going to finish it off - even though I have an untried tub of Australian Private Reserve awaiting use! That fact I wait before trying the APR and can use one soap for a month and still enjoy using it speaks volumes for the performance of Soapy Science and the scent (Doc's Special Blend) both in terms of initial appeal and long term enjoyment.
 

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I've been using Paa "Harvest Moon" for over the last 3 weeks!
Shave wise : It lathers so easily and provides a thick rich Slick lather, with plenty of cushioning.
Post shave : Very happy with it's skin protection, supple and smooth.
Scent : Harvest Moon is a combination of :
Oud (Agarwood), Green Tobacco, Black Currant, Tobacco Absolute, Hay Absolute, Peru Balsam, Smoke, Spanish Moss, White Sage
There are so many layers to this scent, Oud is the first thing I got but it was softened by the black current sweetness. This is followed by a lush green tobacco and aired hay with a hint of gentle smoke and very sparse camphor scent. Not sure but it could be the White sage!
This is a very good product and look forward to buying more PAA products in the future :thumbsup:.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
We're 4 days into October, & I've had three shaves thus far. Each has been with the Speick soap stick. It is a very good product. I always get my closest shaves using a stick, but the post shave feeling from this product is outstanding. I have finished up each day with a little Thayer's Superhazel & a splash of Old Spice, and when my face dries it feels as though I had also used a quality moisturising product. I may ride the Speick for a while & see what happens.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Had my last shave with Star Noir for a while on 30th September and held off on having a shave until Wickham's Shangri La and a testing sample arrived this morning. I used the sample this evening and will use it again in my next shave in a couple of days time. I will then use Shangri La for the rest of the month of October.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
More than 2 full weeks using the Speick stick and synthetic brushes. Great combination. This is a very good soap. Very protective, and apparently good for the skin. Few things more pleasurable than watching soap explode into lather on the face when using a shaving stick. But I'm not mentioning those few more pleasurable things in a public forum.
 
Top