The One Soap One Month Challenge!

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
rrr.JPG


Purchased a new refill puck mid-December and started using it full time since then. True classic.

Hopefully this will take us till mid-late spring, where I plan to switch to Vitos Super Red Coco or Cella (either from the 1kg block version).

I have three aftershaves in the current rotation (Spanish AV, Mennen Skin Bracer [U.S.], Myrsol Don Miguel) and out of these the Mennen is -to me- the most suited to this soap after a shave. The Mennen Skin Bracer is an incredibly 'rich' post-shave solution, despite its very average moisturising properties.

Will update if any changes.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I use one simple soap every day except Sunday during Lent, the six weeks prior to Easter. I used Arko a couple years ago, and Palmolive another year, but most years I'll use Williams every weekday. On Sundays in Lent I'll use something like Proraso- a change up from the Williams, but certainly still not anything posh. For about 30 years Williams, Wilkinson, & Palmolive were the only soaps I had!
 

brothers

Forum GOD!
I'm just now finishing up a tube of Coates Sandalwood cream. It should run out sometime next week. After that, I'll start on a brand new tub of XPEC unscented and will keep using it daily until it runs out or I get tired of it. It'll be at least a month and probably much longer. I'll try to come back and post my starting date and then hopefully the running out date. I really like using stuff up.
 
Last edited:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I have picked my soap and will only use this until it is gone, finished, finito. That soap is Stirling Barbershop. It is full now let's see if I can get it done by the end of March. I'm not overloading and wasting it just shaving normally.
I'd be hoping a full tub lasts more than a month. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
 

FaTist

Forum GOD!
Thought id try a new soap around thanksgiving, my first since getting my first good DE shave with Mitchells Wool Fat which I had used daily for about 4 solid years.

Thats a bit more than a month, does 48 separate but consecutive 1 mo stints count?
 

FaTist

Forum GOD!
I have picked my soap and will only use this until it is gone, finished, finito. That soap is Stirling Barbershop. It is full now let's see if I can get it done by the end of March. I'm not overloading and wasting it just shaving normally.
im looking for a good 'powdery' scented soap, this has been mentioned as 'powdery' a few times do you agree? how long do you get a whiff of the scent? matching a/s?
 

darkstefano

Forum GOD!
In the ultimate months i have used daily only the B&M Leviathan, it was a difficult challage but the fragrance help me, i like so much! The soap lasted 55-65 days. :okay:

P.S. I use Synt Brush
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
I am two shaves into February with Grooming Department's Mallard and going to use it for the whole month.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I've decided that beginning on Ash Wednesday, 14 Feb, and continuing until Easter Sunday, 1 April, I will only use Arko or Williams Mug Soap. I also have over a litre of Stephan's Bay Rum that I think I will commit to using exclusively.

As I'm such a pious sod.
 
Last edited:
Top