May 2018 Acquisitions

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Ben, I like them both, but T+S scents receive mixed reviews. I can certainly understand why many wouldn't. I need to use both, a few times, to fully appreciate.
Thanks! I had but sold Boreal which performed brilliantly but the fragrance was just a bit much. I still have the Rainforest iteration of their previous formula which is better judged (and also a very good soap). I’m still pulled towards T+S though; I like it when soapers quietly get on without a screaming social media presence.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
I wanted an activity tracker that looked more like a watch, so I ended up with a Garmin Fenix 5s..........the problem I am having with my divers watches is that due to taking blood thinning meds they bruise my wrist badly. So my Christopher Ward Tri-Tech is going to have to be sold......
View attachment 28969
As is my copy Rolex.............:)
You’re running short just shy of 6500 steps there, Steve :wink: If that’s what that number is.

Nice watch!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Inexpensive but very sturdy and unlikely to split soap container.

Mine took approx two weeks to arrive. £1.25 delivered for the white HERE
View attachment 28892


Ideal for travelling and perfect for my 100g Salter tallow puck
View attachment 28893

Need to decide which knots to mount in these. MS, Maggards or TGN Finest.
View attachment 28894

Yaqi brush which I reknotted with a 26mm Maggards 2-band Finest
View attachment 28895
That's it.... I'm done! :happy:
Love those AP handles must aquire one soon.
 

Electrif

SE la vie
My first Lather Catcher is now in my hands. Made in Germany an 'American Model'. From the limited research I've done it's a copy of an early Kampfe circa 1887.



It came with 3 'Simplex' wedge blades, one of which was totally goosed with corrosion. the other two (right of the picture) have some corrosion, and was informed by @Fergiebilly that it's likely the corrosion is deep. I'm keeping them in case I try my hand at honing.

I obtained a honed NOS C.V. Heljestrand wedge from him. Foreground of picture.



You might just make out the adjusting screws on the angle lug.







It will make its debut on my next SOTD. Really looking forward to that.
 
Top