May 2018 Acquisitions

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Ha, shows what I know! What is the difference please?
The NATO straps are made according to the British MoD specifications dating from the 60s:
http://myverdict.net/manuals/ukmodstandard66-472.pdf
The official supplier of the MoD is a British firm called Phoenix.

The Zulus (probably of US origin) are thicker and their buckles (2 or 4) are round. I first saw them around 2006 and they were made by a US firm called Maratac. Actually they might have been a copy of a strap made for diving by Rhino and called by the same name.

Nowadays, NATO and ZULU are widely copied with big discrepancies in quality and price. The last hype is to imitate the Omega NATOS made of seat belt material.

Another variation is the RAF NATO.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish

:D The awesome PIF from @Mikey J and two tubs from the Vreto GB.

I may have to start shaving twice a day... I threw patience overboard and have palm lathered them all already. Boy am I in for a ride; can’t wait to shave. Some serious goodness here, both in scent and performance. Moreover, T&S, Soap Commander and Talbot are all new formulas to me.

Decent sheen on CL/L&L:


Final thought, the Vreto C&C is so similar to Bogart Signature. Anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s equally close to Quroum, Polo and other of the 70-80s dry, in your face powerhouses.
 

:D The awesome PIF from @Mikey J and two tubs from the Vreto GB.

I may have to start shaving twice a day... I threw patience overboard and have palm lathered them all already. Boy am I in for a ride; can’t wait to shave. Some serious goodness here, both in scent and performance. Moreover, T&S, Soap Commander and Talbot are all new formulas to me.

Decent sheen on CL/L&L:


Final thought, the Vreto C&C is so similar to Bogart Signature. Anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s equally close to Quroum, Polo and other of the 70-80s dry, in your face powerhouses.
I'm very curious about the Talbot one. Never had one !
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
It's really hard to get one in EU. The soapmaker makes only small batches and they are usually sold out in minutes/hours.
Since it's a small production no vendor like maggard stocks it meaning postage to EU is pretty expensive.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
 

bakerbarber

Forum GOD!
My Tradere OC came in a case exactly the same as this and I thought that it was just a box the had been obtained for the storage of such a beautiful razor. Does anyone know if the Tradere came in this style box?
The original run of open come Tradere razors came in the big hard foam lined case. Directly from the manufacturer. With a letter. I had two. Sold them both. Too aggressive for me. Beautiful razors though.
 
Top