LS/MS shaving brush

Dr Watson

James
I noticed many of the 24mm have vanished from the shop... Just "Atlanta" now which is a sort of Rooney clone from what I can tell. I asked Nick if/when spectrum et al will be back in stock but no reply whatsoever, which is unusual for him.
 
I noticed many of the 24mm have vanished from the shop... Just "Atlanta" now which is a sort of Rooney clone from what I can tell. I asked Nick if/when spectrum et al will be back in stock but no reply whatsoever, which is unusual for him.
I messaged him recently..no reply. As you say very unusual. I messaged asking about the "Beehive" brush which has also vanished from his stock..
 

Dr Watson

James
Fingers crossed he's just running down the old stock before releasing some new stuff next year :meh:

I reckon Yaqi may have hurt his business somewhat, its his own fault for not listening to @Wayne and others... He could have been riding the crest of the low cost multi colour / shape brush wave but decided to stick with his plain Jane models and lost out to Yaqi.
 
Last edited:
Fingers crossed he's just running down the old stock before releasing some new stuff next year :meh:

I reckon Yaqi may have hurt his business somewhat, its his own fault for not listening to @Wayne and others... He could have been riding the crest of the low cost multi colour / shape brush wave but decided to stick with his plain Jane models and lost out to Yaqi.
Yep I have to agree there James..some of the Yaqi handles are stunning.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I contacted Nick a week ago asking for a 30mm 2 band knot for a brush project in the new year. He replied but it took the week, I just got links to his existing 30mm brushes. I replied I just wanted a knot and as an aside any news on new handles? Nothing back since. He may have made enough money to move on to new things, could be one of a million reasons why he has stopped being as helpful recently. It's strange though.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I contacted Nick a week ago asking for a 30mm 2 band knot for a brush project in the new year. He replied but it took the week, I just got links to his existing 30mm brushes. I replied I just wanted a knot and as an aside any news on new handles? Nothing back since. He may have made enough money to move on to new things, could be one of a million reasons why he has stopped being as helpful recently. It's strange though.
I found he did get back to me but it can take some time over a month on occasion
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I got an email off Nick this very morning firstly offering me the 30mm knot I wanted which was nice and that in his words 'He will be publishing a new model in a few days.' So for any Maseto fans exciting times to see what he comes up with. If I get any inside info I will keep everyone up to date.
 

Salv

location : Kent
I got an email off Nick this very morning firstly offering me the 30mm knot I wanted which was nice and that in his words 'He will be publishing a new model in a few days.' So for any Maseto fans exciting times to see what he comes up with. If I get any inside info I will keep everyone up to date.
Hi Wayne
Where is the best place to purchase a Maseto brush,
and who is Nick.
I would like to buy one thanks.
Sonny
 

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I recently (5 weeks ago) received two 24mm brushes from Maseto. I never got an answer on my question (about handle material) but the brushes arrived quickly, and they look very good. I kept one, and gave one away. Mine doesn't shed, and feels soft to my face, with more than enough backbone (finest badger knot).

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.
 

Dr Watson

James
I got an email off Nick this very morning firstly offering me the 30mm knot I wanted which was nice and that in his words 'He will be publishing a new model in a few days.' So for any Maseto fans exciting times to see what he comes up with. If I get any inside info I will keep everyone up to date.
I wonder if he's subscribed to this thread? I received a reply from him this morning as well... Pure coincidence I'm sure :happy:
 
Top