January 2019 Aquisitions

TobyC

Patriot
What a great end to 2018 / beginning of 2019. I won the 2018 Christmas PIF over at TOST. Two parcels arrived yesterday from across the water.
In one package, a cased 1907 GEM Junior, a NOS Burma Shave 'Holiday Gift Pack' containing soap, mug and brush. and a pack of Treet Super CS blades.
The other package, a GEM Contour (foreground) and Contour II, a second pack of Treet Super CS blades and a cake of Williams Mug.
I am overwhelmed and so lucky, what generosity. My grateful thanks to those concerned.
Look out for my upcoming shaves

Oh, the Burma (will he, won't he) will be revealed soon.

Killer stuff!!!

I've got a barless '07 junior, but just the razor, no case, great shaver!

I don't know if you've used the Treets before, but they shave great, and rust is NOT a problem.
 

Electrif

SE la vie
How does that boar feel right out of the box?
I think this quote from @Wayne hits the nail on the head.
New Boars are stiffer than a Teenager with a belly full of Viagra
It was pretty stiff out of the box, but after a couple of cold water soaks and towel rubs the tips are splitting and becoming much softer. However the knot does have a strong scent, which I hope, will fade.
 
D

Deleted member 2076

Guest
IMG_1553.PNG


A couple brushes are on the way from the US:

Top left: Wildwest Brushworks "Bronze Bay" Tuxedo
Top right: Custom Turn-N-Shave Silvertip
Bottom left: Custom Turn-N-Shave (with pic of my kids in handle) Silvertip
Bottom right: Wildwest Brushworks "Mantle" Tuxedo

Then, not pictured, a Lowborn Supply handle with a Declaration B7 knot, and a Blackbird Black Oxide 101.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I'm totally sold on larger titanium handles. My first one, and probably last for a while since I like it a lot, is from Evgeny Koshelev who is rusdrunkbear on eBay. Made near Omsk on the Kazakhstan border. We exchanged niceties in Russian (I used an online translator) and he gave me a good discount. It's 85 x 16mm and weighs 53g. Pretty perfect and balances well. I'm now finding 12.8mm handles a bit thin. I'm using it with a Yintal Bronze top cap and a variety of 2 stud baseplates, like R41, Fatip OC, Gillette OT, and Yintal and Rockwell if I ever get round to those two. Liking OCs ATM. Evgeny does a range of styles and can make any design to order if you give him pictures and designs. Well satisfied with this purchase.

Fatip Titanium1a.jpg
 
Top