January 2019 Aquisitions

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Do you have the jacket rewaxed and if so how often Jamie? I almost bought one at the weekend but the sleeves were too short for me. I understand that they can be lengthened at the factory, so it may still be a future purchase.
Hi,

So sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've only just seen your question, the answer would be no, I have worn it quite a lot as you would expect with all the rain we have, If needed to re-wax it I would buy the spray on Nikwax which I've used on my Barbour jacket over the years, works a treat, great hat all the same, as the rain runs off the peak.

Regards
Jamie.
 

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
I picked up a few vintage Gillette Platinum Plus blades. It has been a long time since I have used any of them, and I thought I'd do an informal comparison of them to my Personna 74 Tungstens, Gillette Swedes, and Wilkinson Light Brigades, just out of curiosity.

I have found them to be pretty much as I remembered, very sharp and efficient but slightly harsh, somewhat less smooth than Personna 74 Tungstens or Wilkinson Light Brigades. They glided well without drag, but they left me with some skin burn. Their longevity not as great: the blade lasts about 18 shaves.
 

Northstonehill

Forum GOD!
I know, I am not the fastest moped on the pier :giggle: Anyways, I just stumbled into the post and wanted to share this advertisement that somebody else shared with me. I find myself that if I geta new razor and google around I really like finding such stray information :happy:
 
Top