August Acquisitions

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Went a bit mad on boar brushes and this is the result. All good, fortunately. Still have to try them all though. L to R in photo as measured by me:

Omega 10083 - 27/63 handle 63/41mm, 67g
Omega 49 - 26/62 handle 63/41mm, 70g
Semogue SOC - 24/57 handle 57/35mm, 82g
Semogue SOC Taj boar/badger - 24/51 handle 60/39mm, 81g
Omega 81230 - 24/57 handle 53/37mm, 50g
Zenith 506A - 27/55 handle 56/36mm, 72g
Vulfix 2024A - 23/48 handle 58/40mm, 82g

Zenith is the stiffest - plenty of backbone. SOC Taj is already broken in (off BST). Omega 81230 seems really nice. Vulfix (vintage) has nice face feel and handle but unfortunately not very dense, which is the problem with all these older Vulfix models.

MyBoars.jpg
 

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
What do you you mean "fake feeling to the slick lather"?
The difference between butter and margarine to keep it simple - it has a beautiful slickness and a fabulous and possibly unrivalled post shave feel but it’s underlined by a plastic false feel to me - it’s not a complaint far from it - stunning is the word I’ve used most in discussions about this soap
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
The difference between butter and margarine to keep it simple - it has a beautiful slickness and a fabulous and possibly unrivalled post shave feel but it’s underlined by a plastic false feel to me - it’s not a complaint far from it - stunning is the word I’ve used most in discussions about this soap
The plastic false feel, I found to be present in the post shave. If I try to explain, is like you wear some kind of invisible mask on your face, something similar with the MWF, but the next day, your face, it is still well hydrated and nourished.

Sri is a skin magician and here is an info that many don't know; He uses some kind of ingredients very difficult to obtain, he used also some ingredients that Estee Lauder uses.

"Hops" and "Bufala Milk" are key ingredients, the second one very rare, because the most Bufala milk goes for making Mozzarella do Bufala and Sri can't have it all the time to make soaps and in large quantities.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
While out in town today I popped in to Bodycare and noticed a display of several smell-alike scents
This EdC smells just like Sauvage





At only £2.99 it's got to be worth a try
I'll update on longevity
There is a beauty bay outlet not far from me, daughter loves it, and the scents that I have tried, they smell exactly like the originals. "Farenheit" is on the buy list next time I'm there...
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
A few weeks ago I bought Petroleum Jelly to use as a maintenance product for my Stainless Steel Karve safety razor. However, I found that applying it wasn't super easy because it's quite firm. I remembered that the maintenance card mentioned that oil was another option and thought about the post @vtmax made in the Karve thread. So this arrived today.

 
Top