August Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
A few weeks ago I bought Petroleum Jelly to use as a maintenance product for my Stainless Steel Karve safety razor. However, I found that applying it wasn't super easy because it's quite firm. I remembered that the maintenance card mentioned that oil was another option and thought about the post @vtmax made in the Karve thread. So this arrived today.

Cobra, the petroleum jelly should be rubbed between your fingers first and THEN just grab the top cap between your index & pointer and rotate it 2-3 times, while pressing hard. That's all you need. Use a very small quantity. It is very waxy.

Baby oil works for me too. One drop and all good.

No need to buy another oil.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Cobra, the petroleum jelly should be rubbed between your fingers first and THEN just grab the top cap between your index & pointer and rotate it 2-3 times, while pressing hard. That's all you need. Use a very small quantity. It is very waxy.

Baby oil works for me too. One drop and all good.

No need to buy another oil.
I did it that way, but I still found it finicky. This oil should make it much easier.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Or you could not bother. No one has heard of this before, no need if you keep your gear clean.
I don't. I don't get the OCD about some piece of metal.

I don't bother, I just wash the razor under water, I rub it with a toothbrush with some dish detergent and dry it with a microfibre towel only. The procedure takes only 15 minutes. I then leave it to air dry and I put a dab of baby oil in the threads. I leave it to air dry again and only when I'm blind from the shine/glow of the razor I carry it, as it was the Holy Flame of the Olympics from the kitchen to the bathroom and put it back to the den.

No big deal, it's just a God damned razor. I don't really care about metal things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!


@p.b
This Zenith 502BC is a pretty nice looking boar brush. The handle is very well made, but it has less vibrant colours than the stock photo shown on the website where I made my purchase. I don't really mind this, but I thought I should mention it just in case someone is thinking about buying a similar colour combination handle.

The loft is 57-58 mm. It has a relatively large glue bump of 10-11 mm. At first, I was a bit disappointed with this, but I've decided to test it for a shave or two when I get the chance.
 
Last edited:

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Or you could not bother. No one has heard of this before, no need if you keep your gear clean.
Everyone who owns a Karve should have heard of this before, because it's mentioned on the maintenance card that comes with it. I'm a perfectionist just like Chris from Karve Shaving, so when he mentions it on his maintenance card, I'm doing it. The razor was so expensive that I want to take extra care of it.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Everyone who owns a Karve should have heard of this before, because it's mentioned on the maintenance card that comes with it. I'm a perfectionist just like Chris from Karve Shaving, so when he mentions it on his maintenance card, I'm doing it. The razor was so expensive that I want to take extra care of it.
I have owned a Karve mate. I still don't think it makes any difference, but if you want to do it then yeah why not.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest


Works a treat as an aftershave, infused with Hyaluronic Acid leaves no residue, because it is water-gel texture. Hydrates like nothing else I have tried to date, without even feel it on your face. 10/10 for me.
 
Top