August Acquisitions

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
My Yaqi 2-band Violet Handle Fan arrived and I had my first shave. I don't have any other badger brushes and don't really see what all the fuss is about, but it has excellent face feel, and was big and very quick to produce lather. More personality than a synth. Less than a boar, or maybe just "different". I feel this was a good buy and lived up to expectations.

Yaqi 2-Band Fan 24mm.jpg
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
My Yaqi 2-band Violet Handle Fan arrived and I had my first shave. I don't have any other badger brushes and don't really see what all the fuss is about, but it has excellent face feel, and was big and very quick to produce lather. More personality than a synth. Less than a boar, or maybe just "different". I feel this was a good buy and lived up to expectations.

View attachment 53823
Some excellent badger from Yaqi. The fan knot works different than bulb but it is great for face lather. Loads soaps like crazy.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
View attachment 53849

Decided to pre-Brexit order some aftershaves and creams from Gifts & Care (thinking that import tax may hit soon). Interested to see how the Myrsol performs, but wasn't sure between Formula K or Agua Balsamica
I have the Agua Balsamica. Very nice thyme smell, reminds me the scent of a greek island. When applied, it is extremely light and evaporates within seconds, no residue and very cool sensation(without any menthol hit).

Beware of the Blue Proraso. Excellent scent for my nose, but the performance is really bad. Dries the face and there is almost no slickness at all. Stick with Lea Cream, a hidden gem for my tastes.
 

sev-8

Forum GOD!
... Or when hell freezes over!
Tried Formula K and my face froze over for 10 minutes. Way more menthol than anything else I have and definitely not a winter splash!

Lea Sensitive was nice, light fragrance but easy to lather up. Feels like I need to use a lot of it though, almond sized, to get 3 passes

Edit: spelling
 
Last edited:
Top