What is your favourite Truefitt and Hill cream?

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by Rusty Blade, Aug 7, 2018.

1. isendono

isendono Forum GOD!

What about czech & speake

2. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Made in Italy by Valobra so I discounted it but I suppose it could be included.

3. isendono

isendono Forum GOD!

Planning to try floris shaving soap once MWF is finished..... which seems to last forever.

4. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Scents are excellent. Soap performance can be summed up as:

Original Tallow: Excellent
    Vegetal 1: Poor
    Vegetal 2: Average
    Vegetal 3: TBC

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

5. dc68

dc68 -------------

6. les24preludes

les24preludes Über Member

So far I have Apsley and 1805, and I'm starting to rate T&H as a top tier product, or at least nearly so. Looks like the next ones to try are Trafalgar and Grafton according to the reviews, or maybe West Indian Limes or Sandalwood. What would you get next?

7. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

The two you have currently are both quite modern Cologne esque scents so if wishing to continue on that path either Grafton or Sandalwood would be good choices, though you may find the former more than a tad similar to the Klar Sport. To my nose, Trafalgar smells distinctly old fashioned and I don't mean in a stuffy Edwardian Penhaligon manner but an open shirt, hairy chest with medallion swinging 1970s disco manner :happy:

I've not had the pleasure of the West Indian Limes cream but if anything like the Cologne it should be very bright and sour, perfect for summer. I had a sample of the EdC but was forbidden to wear it by SWMBO, who said (how can I put this in a PC manner?) "It would only suit a man from the West Indies..." :unsure:

N_Architect likes this.
  8. les24preludes

les24preludes Über Member

Gppd descriptions. I just realised I have samples of Ultimate Comfort, which is nice, and Limes. The Limes smells just like paint to me, so not a fan.

9. ask4Edge

ask4Edge Über Member

Spanish Leather
    Apsley

10. Mitchcumsteen

Mitchcumsteen Forum GOD!

Grafton and 1805

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Rocky75

Rocky75 Veteran Vendor

Definitely 1805... elegant the best

12. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Veteran

1805, definitely

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice