What is your favourite Truefitt and Hill cream?

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
https://www.soapworksltd.co.uk/soapworks-story single handedly destroyed nearly all British hard shaving soaps... They'd never made a shaving soap before and obviously didn't invest much time in finding out what's involved as they ended up producing what is essentially bath soap for everyone (apart from D.R Harris.) IIRC Floris & ToBS were the first to realise and reformulated sharpish, followed by Penhaligon's and more recently Crabtree & Evelyn... GFT and T&H still deny there is any problem to this day :meh:

These dud soaps can be easily identified by the first ingredient, if Sodium Palmate then its rubbish, if Potassium Palmate then its good :thumbsup:
In case anyone is interested, the recent 1805 soap in bowl I bought direct from T&H performs exceptionally well. It also has sodium palmate as first ingredient.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
In case anyone is interested, the recent 1805 soap in bowl I bought direct from T&H performs exceptionally well. It also has sodium palmate as first ingredient.
Likewise, my recent purchase of T&H Sandalwood hard soap with sodium palmate as the first ingredient is a real winner!

Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palmate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Gluconate, Linalool, Coumarin

Interestingly, it's the same ingredient list/order as TOBS Traditional, Trumpers Officer & Gentleman and Trumpers Oxford Blue.

I guess between @Dr Watson offering that little nugget a couple of years ago and now, there's been a reformulation. Certainly, it was true when a previous formulation that was good began with Potassium Palmate.

I am tempted to give Trumpers another go ...

For example, my unlatherable Eucris puck has the following ingredients listed: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium ETDA, Sodium Chloride, Isopropyl Myristrate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumerin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) ... which bears out with an ingredient list of an unlatherable Rose.

Today, they're listing the ingredients for Eucris as: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Isopropyl Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Coconut Fatty Acid, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumarin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I think rather than looking for Sodium Palmate as the first ingredient, the warning sign is actually Potassium Stearate as the second ingredient.