What is the best shaving advice you have received?

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
Best advice I got was from @celestino back when I started (wetshaving in 2015, but hobby in 2016). I asked him what his favorite soap was (since everyone else was changing their opinion after every shave) and he said Mystic Water. And then when I had some trouble lathering it, he asked me to keep trying. I did that. And ever since, never had any problem getting the best performance from any soap. I developed my own technique, now it takes me almost similar time to lather most soaps.

That is also a good life lesson, I guess. A little effort and patience, eventually pays off.

Steve Bowles

Forum GOD!
Not anymore Steve, lesson learned. All my new razors get 150 minutes to prove what they can do :D
On a serious note I have gotten out of the Rabbit hole and can once again smell the fresh air of freedom from all my RAD, SAD & Bad. I have however covered up the Rabbit hole with thin twigs and leaves, anyone stepping on it will fall head over heels down it. Gotta pass on the journey to the new guys. I have enjoyed my journey time for me to extoll the virtues of Macca root cream and Harry's razors.
Harry's razors? :hyper:And I was going to congratulate you on your evolution, but I see you're slipping back into your feeble Geordie ways. I agree on the Macca root cream. Like you, I've found my Zen.

Steve Bowles

Forum GOD!
Queer!.....Oi, that's enough from you Bowlsey
'Queer' -- a more than acceptable term used to describe anyone who lives outside your shire. Used frequently by the landlord of the Prancing Pony when discussing the 'strangeness' of the elves of Rivendale. Used to best effect with a Dorset accent. :unsure: 'Aye, they're queer folk in Yorkshire! Best stay away.'

Wayne

Forum Sod
'Queer' -- a more than acceptable term used to describe anyone who lives outside your shire. Used frequently by the landlord of the Prancing Pony when discussing the 'strangeness' of the elves of Rivendale. Used to best effect with a Dorset accent. :unsure: 'Aye, they're queer folk in Yorkshire! Best stay away.'
I am more than familiar with both the Prancing Pony Inn and JRR Tolkien who wrote the first line of the Hobbit In a hole in the ground lived a Hobbit, whilst Master of English Literature at Leeds university when he was walking through Meanwood Park here in the beautiful city od Leeds. Here is my momento from the last time I was in the Prancing Pony
C85FEE2D-A509-48F0-B37C-EAC3E5E2A625.jpeg

Steve Bowles

Forum GOD!
I am more than familiar with both the Prancing Pony Inn and JRR Tolkien who wrote the first line of the Hobbit In a hole in the ground lived a Hobbit, whilst Master of English Literature at Leeds university when he was walking through Meanwood Park here in the beautiful city od Leeds. Here is my momento from the last time I was in the Prancing PonyView attachment 54673
Too cool. :cool: