Shavemac synthetic brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have had another word with Bernd and sent him the link to this thread. Reasoning is to improve his product based on the feedback provided. His response:

Hello Avnish,

I have read the comments in this tread and understood that we have do some to retouch with the synthetic knots.
I take the comments on ATG very seriously.

Best Regards
Bernd

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have had another word with Bernd and sent him the link to this thread. Reasoning is to improve his product based on the feedback provided. His response:

Hello Avnish,

I have read the comments in this tread and understood that we have do some to retouch with the synthetic knots.
I take the comments on ATG very seriously.

Best Regards
Bernd
No word on my observation @Nishy?

Jade: 25(something less)x45
Lime: 28(something more)x50
Lotus: I don't remember. It should be 28(something more)x49 - I didn't ask Bernd these measurements (I asked 26x48), so... I'll contact him to understand.
It's been a while since I got my new Shavemacs.
What I can say: I'm now impressed by these new brushes. They have a real badger feeling. I mean premium badger like DG, Paladin, Simpson Manchurian and a few others. BUT I don’t understand why I got three different shapes with (especially) three different tips. Lotus has a very strong backbone (more than a LE Chubby 2 synth), a proper bulb shape, a lot of scrub, tips similar to a D01 2Band, yet a medium-strong feeling/presence of the fibres. Beehive has a mid-strong backbone (slightly more than a common Duke 3 synth), a hybrid shape, a medium scrub, tips similar to the new gel-type badger à la Paladin or DG, and a near-medium feeling/presence of the fibres. Anchor has a mid-strong backbone (similar to a common Chubby 2 synth), a bulb shape (yet not a proper one), a mid-strong scrub, tips very close to the gel-type, and a medium feeling/presence of the fibres.

Last edited:

GoReds

Forum GOD!
It's been a while since I got my new Shavemacs.
What I can say: I'm now impressed by these new brushes. They have a real badger feeling. I mean premium badger like DG, Paladin, Simpson Manchurian and a few others. BUT I don’t understand why I got three different shapes with (especially) three different tips. Lotus has a very strong backbone (more than a LE Chubby 2 synth), a proper bulb shape, a lot of scrub, tips similar to a D01 2Band, yet a medium-strong feeling/presence of the fibres. Beehive has a mid-strong backbone (slightly more than a common Duke 3 synth), a hybrid shape, a medium scrub, tips similar to the new gel-type badger à la Paladin or DG, and a near-medium feeling/presence of the fibres. Anchor has a mid-strong backbone (similar to a common Chubby 2 synth), a bulb shape (yet not a proper one), a mid-strong scrub, tips very close to the gel-type, and a medium feeling/presence of the fibres.
Do you have a favorite already ?

Just to be clear enough: those Shavemacs are the best synthetic knots, together with the Epsilon, I have ever tried.
As I said several times I don’t like Synbad, Tuxedo etc. at all because they give a soft, plastic, fake feel.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Just to be clear enough: those Shavemacs are the best synthetic knots, together with the Epsilon, I have ever tried.
As I said several times I don’t like Synbad, Tuxedo etc. at all because they give a soft, plastic, fake feel.
You will really enjoy the VLB synthetic once released.

celestino

Forum GOD!
Even better than Simpsons' Chubby 2 synthetic, Yuri?
If so, then I may need to try the Shavemac, at some point.

Even better than Simpsons' Chubby 2 synthetic, Yuri?
If so, then I may need to try the Shavemac, at some point.
At the beginning I was very skeptical, Celestino... You know, I asked for an exchange etc. Now I'm very impressed. And, yes, I prefer those Shavemacs to the Chubby. A lot more. When I see what I can use, well... Shavemac. Chubby is great, but Shavemac is greater, especially for the feeling. If I'm not wrong, you're a headshaver like me. So, in my opinion, if you want similar characteristics to the Chubby, then order a 28x50 bulb. Slightly more backbone on the Shavemac. Very soft tips? Ask for the knot with the white portion. Otherwise the grey portion knot. You can see them from my previous pictures. If you need more details, please, let me know.

celestino

Forum GOD!
At the beginning I was very skeptical, Celestino... You know, I asked for an exchange etc. Now I'm very impressed. And, yes, I prefer those Shavemacs to the Chubby. A lot more. When I see what I can use, well... Shavemac. Chubby is great, but Shavemac is greater, especially for the feeling. If I'm not wrong, you're a headshaver like me. So, in my opinion, if you want similar characteristics to the Chubby, then order a 28x50 bulb. Slightly more backbone on the Shavemac. Very soft tips? Ask for the knot with the white portion. Otherwise the grey portion knot. You can see them from my previous pictures. If you need more details, please, let me know.
Grazie, Yuri. I appreciate the information and I'll contemplate getting one. Also, I am, indeed, a head shaver. :)

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I’m planning on ordering a Shavemac Synthetic. Any advice on how you order one using the “Special Colour” thing. What I’m really after is the beehive shape with a disco handle. With the disco I want that darker multi colour, not so much of a purple haze look that I’ve seen. Thinking of a 26mm Fan top too.