Shavemac synthetic brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Does anyone know the difference, without stating the obvious, between Epsilon's 'extra soft' and normal synthetic silvertip?

morr

Forum GOD!
Does anyone know the difference, without stating the obvious, between Epsilon's 'extra soft' and normal synthetic silvertip?
I haven't tried the "extra soft" (cheaper one) but to me, it looks quite like the regular Plisson style knot. It's price arguments probable pretied knots from China, just like Plissoft.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I haven't tried the "extra soft" (cheaper one) but to me, it looks quite like the regular Plisson style knot. It's price arguments probable pretied knots from China, just like Plissoft.
The prices are actually the same between extra soft and normal (both at approx £50)
I ended up ordering both.

morr

Forum GOD!
The prices are actually the same between extra soft and normal (both at approx £50)
I ended up ordering both.
Oh, I thought you were referring to the 25€ ones. Don't have experience with those and I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Oh, I thought you were referring to the 25€ ones. Don't have experience with those and I'm looking forward to your impressions.
Apologies I should have been clearer. I look forward to testing these out too and providing my opinions.

morr

Forum GOD!
I felt the loft on Epsilon was set too low and I found it difficult to splay - and this comes from someone who has no issues doing circular motions with the Chubby 2 synthetic.
I'm really curious about the extra soft fiber (blue/green), the splay on the picture looks quite nice.