Shavemac synthetic brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I felt the loft on Epsilon was set too low and I found it difficult to splay - and this comes from someone who has no issues doing circular motions with the Chubby 2 synthetic.
I'm really curious about the extra soft fiber (blue/green), the splay on the picture looks quite nice.
Yh am interested in this too, initially I thought it is purely based on density, but the fibres also appear visually different from the photos.

JePorto

Über Member
To me, those fibers look almost exactly like the so-called Silverfox knot that some US artisans offer (most likely bought in bulk from China). Those may or may not be similar or exactly like Muhle STF. Anyway, looking forward to the review.

I'm with you

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
I have used my Shavemac Synthetic a few times now and it's nothing like a 2-band badger. Okay for a synthetic but nothing I will use at home, only when travelling. Sorry Bernd, but I'm not impressed.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
My new synthetic knot from Alpha Shave co. for my T-400. Anyone else see how the colours and shape look remarkably like the Shavemac. I an going to go out on a limb and say the fibers are closer to my XL STF by Muhle.

15575122382376045040058133821257.jpg

Last edited:

Ferran_vc

Thank you all for such informative post on how the Shavemac may fit into the current synthetic market.

What would be then the main way to go ?

1) Epsilon,
2) Mühle/Simpson
3) Shavemac

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Thank you all for such informative post on how the Shavemac may fit into the current synthetic market.

What would be then the main way to go ?

1) Epsilon,
2) Mühle/Simpson
3) Shavemac

I personally wouldn't put it in the top 10 let alone top 3

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok guys i've got some very interesting images for you. The first brush in each pic is my new knot which is not a Shavemac synthetic but one I just got with a ferrule from Alpha Shave. @vlasta.

I know I don't have the Shavemac here to compare first hand but tiny look like the same knot i'm sure of it.

Not trying to throw shade, but this looks like either others not only have the same fibers, but they are also tying them in the same shape, with the colours at the same height.

JointPics_20190511_184715.JPG
JointPics_20190511_184859.JPG

Ferran_vc

Ok guys i've got some very interesting images for you. The first brush in each pic is my new knot which is not a Shavemac synthetic but one I just got with a ferrule from Alpha Shave. @vlasta.

I know I don't have the Shavemac here to compare first hand but tiny look like the same knot i'm sure of it.

Not trying to throw shade, but this looks like either others not only have the same fibers, but they are also tying them in the same shape, with the colours at the same height.

View attachment 48079 View attachment 48080
[emoji848]