Shavemac synthetic brush

Thinking out loud some more knot density could possibly help you?
This is what I'm thinking of right now. But the density is already great. I still don't know what's the problem with this knot. Perhpas the shape? I don't feel the brush at all - once pressed the brush, there is too much splay in my opinion.
I wouldn't worry about a few (i.e. less than 10) hairs falling out initially.
I can agree with you about a Yaqi brush. Not regarding the Shavemac (synthetic).

This is a summary.

Like I said before It's very difficult to me to write up a partial review because I'm completely disappointed by both the performance and the quality of this new (?) synthetic knot made by Shavemac. Perhaps my expectetions were simply too high.

About the handle (personalized):
No any issues. I just remember this shape slightly bigger.
Great looking, etc.

About the knot (asked Shavemac a 26x50 Bulb):
- Cheap quality looking, bad choice of colours?, unwatchable;
- Cheap quality of fibres in the style of SimFix, Omega 46806 (not the other models), Whipped Dog (his 2d gen.) and some other brands/artisans - you can feel it while the knot is both dry and wet;
- The bulb shape is similar to a D01 2Band knot;
- Medium (high spectrum of an elusive scale) backbone; you would not get a strong backbone neither if set at 48mm in my opinion, I don't get why at the moment;
- High density, similar to Duke/Chubby.

Now I'm thinking whatalese to say, sorry guys.
P.s. Brush lost some hairs too.
I can't imagine how someone could use this brush with a loft more than 52mm...
Still not impressed at all. Other two hairs lost.
the density is already great. I still don't know what's the problem with this knot. Perhpas the shape? I don't feel the brush at all - once pressed the brush, there is too much splay in my opinion.
I have to confirm all the things said before, and I'm really sorry for this because it's totally unexpected. Now I add some more details like I promised. Sorry again for my late small review. Quality/price: it's so cheap in hands that I can't really see any differences between this knot and another one bought on Aliexpress. Perhaps the only difference could be given by the Shavemac's semi-gel tips. Especially the shape has not been thought as well as for the badger options. For those who have Simpson, for example, Shavemac is miles and miles away from that one. I'd pay this Shavemac something in a range between 25/35€. I'm not referring to the fact of the hair lost. I think it could happen. But this is the first time in a synthetic brush for me. I try to not consider it. How does it perform? I really don't get what our friend Avnish @Nishy said about the comparison with a Shavemac Silvertip 2band. I really, really, really don't get any premium badger feeling here. If I have to, I say it's like a cheap Chinese Silvertip (3band) set low. Now you can understand my previous statements regarding the backbone. @N_Architect What I mean is that you don't feel the presence, some strength, of this brush at all, neither set at a 50mm loft. It does have a high medium backbone, but it's a very soft knot, a too soft knot. The knot opens up easily. Set at 56mm I can only think to some spaghetti on my face. I suppose I can read Avnish's words as a way to say that this knot requires more time to load than the other synthetic brushes. It doesn't hold up too much water, but, if properly loaded like almost a badger brush, you can easily make two passes plus touch ups. Simpson, in comparson, requires a half day to be really dry - Shavemac neither a time of two hours.
I wrote nothing the past days because I had no time and I didn't know what to say more. I still don't know. Two other hairs lost. I asked Bernd an exchange. Maybe I'll keep the loft set at 50mm. I'd suppose some issues with a 48mm loft by helding lather (it's a synthetic and not a badger). At the end I don't see why I should prefer a Shavemac to the many other cheap (Muhle, Simpson, Epsilon are completely on another level) synthetics in the market. I don’t get differences at all. I don't say Shavemac is similar to the Plissoft one, for example. I'm saying that Shavemac is just another synthetic in this (by now saturated and boring) wet shaving world.

Because I can't believe the Shavemac synthetic is not good enough, I asked Bernd to make a 28mm (Bulb). I'm still not sure about the loft for this one. Something between 50-52mm. In the meantime Bernd agreed with the exchange. This is also why I ordered another synthetic.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Because I can't believe the Shavemac synthetic is not good enough, I asked Bernd to make a 28mm (Bulb). I'm still not sure about the loft for this one. Something between 50-52mm. In the meantime Bernd agreed with the exchange. This is also why I ordered another synthetic.
I hope the new brush is good, though I have my doubts. From your response it appears it may be a fibre type issue.

Out of interest have you tried or do you own any Shavemac 2 band silvertip badgers?
Yes, I had some of them (including a TSR 2015 edition). I didn't like them neither set very low. Lack of backbone, yet a very nice lather and massage. Made by Shavemac I only like D01 2band (I still have a bulb 26x50).

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yes, I had some of them (including a TSR 2015 edition). I didn't like them neither set very low. Lack of backbone, yet a very nice lather and massage. Made by Shavemac I only like D01 2band (I still have a bulb 26x50).
Ok I understand, the Shavemac synthetic I find to be closest to their 2 band silvertips (as stated on the review). Please let me know if you do find a synthetic that is very similar to the Shavemac D01 2 band.

morr

Forum GOD!
Ok I understand, the Shavemac synthetic I find to be closest to their 2 band silvertips (as stated on the review). Please let me know if you do find a synthetic that is very similar to the Shavemac D01 2 band.
Only one option mate: Epsilon synthetic (not the cheaper one).

synthetic that is very similar to the Shavemac D01 2 band
About backbone: some Chubby LEs.
About 'presence' and backbone: some Epsilon (not the cheapers).

When I say 'some', I mean that not all the releases are the same.
I had several Chubbys and Epsilons and many of them were all different.