Rockwell model T update.

MrK1

Forum GOD!
How did they get time and resources to develop and release that and we are still waiting for the adjustable.

Could they have used some of the Model T Kickstarter money to fund that?

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
My guess is Ming Shi stopped production of the Merkur Futur Clone and now producing a vintage Gillette TTO clone available at Rockwell razors. I could be wrong.

jruschme

Forum GOD!
My guess is Ming Shi stopped production of the Merkur Futur Clone and now producing a vintage Gillette TTO clone available at Rockwell razors. I could be wrong.
Actually, it looks like a repackaged Baili. Probably a simple OEM deal to give Rockwell an entry-level razor.

Personally, I think the saga of the Model T should serve as an object lesson to those who say that Gillette should just release a new version of the Fatboy. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
Actually, it looks like a repackaged Baili. Probably a simple OEM deal to give Rockwell an entry-level razor.

Personally, I think the saga of the Model T should serve as an object lesson to those who say that Gillette should just release a new version of the Fatboy. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It also speaks to why Merkur has not redesigned the Progress (1955) or Futur (1983) despite some obvious areas where improvements are called for. Even with Zamak to work with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I'm not too impressed with this. A lot of the Rockwell USP is (was?) for me the pleasure of owning and using well-designed, innovative razors,manufactured from quality materials, and maybe even in the West.

Anyone can spec and have produced cheap clones from China etc. but doing so, and then badging it Rockwell in my eyes just devalues the brand.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Got a reply from Rockwell when I asked for a refund , it was signed by someone with a Russian sounding name asking for my Pay Pal address (I paid by credit card in anycase) both of which make me nervous .
The icing on the cake though was that there would be a reduction of 10% by Indiego , so I would only receive 90% of my outlay back .
Don't know , being charged 10% commission for something I didn't want in anycase with the possibility the Russian Mafia is trying to hack my Pay Pal account :eek:

Conservator

Forum GOD!
No doubt, if they come up with another new razor many folks will put down their money to give Rockwell an interest-free loan. And then charge you 10% to cancel the order!

kypros

Forum GOD!
If finances allow, I think we should wait and not get a discounted refund, as we all have razors galore to get by until the T comes out, when it does.
What happens if we get the refund and when the T comes out is a hit and we want one? It's going to be costing us a lot more than now.

bazemk1979

Veteran
I got the full refund trough KS email notification:

The creator of Rockwell Model T Razor and Razor Blades - Shaving, Perfected has issued a refund of $89.00 to your original payment method. Please allow up to ten business days for this refund to reflect on your bank account.

Conservator

Forum GOD!
I got the full refund trough KS email notification:

The creator of Rockwell Model T Razor and Razor Blades - Shaving, Perfected has issued a refund of $89.00 to your original payment method. Please allow up to ten business days for this refund to reflect on your bank account.
Good to hear it. Indiegogo took a 10% penalty.

Conservator

Forum GOD!
I haven't taken the refund yet , still on the fence , did they refund you via Pay Pal ?
I never participated. I was burned once by a Kickstarter (non-shaving campaign) that was never completed and decided I would wait and pay the extra $ rather than lose everything. I did some research and found this about their refund policy. There are a number of restrictions on refunds. Look here.

Kickstarter has some FAQs on refunds. One of them states:
Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?
No, Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds. Transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees) soon after their campaign ends.

The Kickstarter blog has a lot more information about this. Among other things the blog states:
Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?

No. Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds, as transactions are between backers and the creator. In fact, Kickstarter never has the funds at all. When a project is successfully funded, money is transferred directly from backers' credit cards to the project creator's Amazon Payments account. It's up to the creator to issue a refund, which they can do through their Amazon Payments account. (Like PayPal, Amazon Payments allows refunds for 60 days from the date of charge. After 60 days, creators cannot reverse the same charge to backers' credit cards, so to issue refunds they'll need to initiate a new transaction to send money via Amazon Payments or PayPal, send backers a check, or use another method. Our support team has guided creators in how to issue refunds like these before.)

The above convinced me to stay away from such projects.