Razorock Gamechanger

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
The Gamechanger just continues to go about its business without much fanfare. And it delivers every time. The .84 JAWS is the more efficient feeling razor of the trio that I have (don’t own the regular OC version, yet), the .84 & .68 GC’s but, for me the .84 is the easiest and best all around shaver of the bunch for my shaving needs. Efficient yet, still smooth on the skin. Outstanding performers all of them and the value is virtually unmatched in the wet shaving world imo....

BDB4FF02-47BA-4C79-96C3-A2EE59C80B44.jpeg
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I used the JAWS base plate for the first time on Sunday. I posted my initial thoughts on my SOTD but thought I’d post my thoughts on the JAWS, 0.68 and 0.84 here.

IMG_20190915_130555__01.jpg


I had the Game Changer 0.68 and 0.84 on loan from a good friend @Acer89 I used the 0.68 first and liked it. I found it similar to the Colonial Aluminium General. You could throw it around your face (within reason of course) without much fear of it biting you. The shave was comfortable but too mild for my needs. I don’t like to shave everyday so I was looking for a longer lasting shave.

Using the 0.84 Game Changer was one of those WOW shaves. I ordered one straight after the first shave. Great balance, manoeuvrability and the low profile head is fantastic to use around the nose. It’s up there with the smoothest razors I’ve used. Efficiency wise was very good and a step up from the 0.68, not massive but enough for me to pull the trigger straight away. After a few shaves I did find it lacking, just slightly in efficiency.

When Razorock announced the release of the OC base plates this was music to my ears. After waiting what seemed like FOREVER I finally got my hands on the JAWS base plate.

SOTD (I was in a bit of a rush at the time so not ideal conditions)…

I used the Gillette Silver Blue as I found it was a match made in heaven with the 0.84 SB. The shave was very similar to 0.84 SB. Very smooth with very little blade feel and only felt the teeth a couple of times. The teeth aren’t sharp unlike other open comb razors I’ve tried from Blackland and ATT.
I did my usual 3 passes and rinsed off and had a feel around for any touch-ups and there was none. We are talking BBS with no touch-ups. WOW!

I did my usual hot and cold water splash and dried off and applied the aftershave. I started to clean my gear and noticed a number of sweepers on my chin. Another splash of cold water and some pressure applied soon sorted them out. It shows the JAWS is a deceptive shaver.
As mentioned previously I was in a rush getting ready so more care needs to be taken next time. Maybe the standard OC base plate could be ‘’just right’’?

I judge razors on a number of criteria including the usual, smoothness, blade feel, efficiency etc. Another one is how long the shave lasts. I don’t like to shave everyday as my face gets tender (as I’m a delicate flower).:p:
I shaved on Sunday afternoon and as mentioned the shave was BBS. I’ve found the regrowth to be a bit faster than the SB 0.84. Maybe this is all in the mind? I’ll keep an eye on this when I use it again.

Cheers
Rob AKA Mr Goldilocks :blush:
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
I used the JAWS base plate for the first time on Sunday. I posted my initial thoughts on my SOTD but thought I’d post my thoughts on the JAWS, 0.68 and 0.84 here.

View attachment 54900

I had the Game Changer 0.68 and 0.84 on loan from a good friend @Acer89 I used the 0.68 first and liked it. I found it similar to the Colonial Aluminium General. You could throw it around your face (within reason of course) without much fear of it biting you. The shave was comfortable but too mild for my needs. I don’t like to shave everyday so I was looking for a longer lasting shave.

Using the 0.84 Game Changer was one of those WOW shaves. I ordered one straight after the first shave. Great balance, manoeuvrability and the low profile head is fantastic to use around the nose. It’s up there with the smoothest razors I’ve used. Efficiency wise was very good and a step up from the 0.68, not massive but enough for me to pull the trigger straight away. After a few shaves I did find it lacking, just slightly in efficiency.

When Razorock announced the release of the OC base plates this was music to my ears. After waiting what seemed like FOREVER I finally got my hands on the JAWS base plate.

SOTD (I was in a bit of a rush at the time so not ideal conditions)…

I used the Gillette Silver Blue as I found it was a match made in heaven with the 0.84 SB. The shave was very similar to 0.84 SB. Very smooth with very little blade feel and only felt the teeth a couple of times. The teeth aren’t sharp unlike other open comb razors I’ve tried from Blackland and ATT.
I did my usual 3 passes and rinsed off and had a feel around for any touch-ups and there was none. We are talking BBS with no touch-ups. WOW!

I did my usual hot and cold water splash and dried off and applied the aftershave. I started to clean my gear and noticed a number of sweepers on my chin. Another splash of cold water and some pressure applied soon sorted them out. It shows the JAWS is a deceptive shaver.
As mentioned previously I was in a rush getting ready so more care needs to be taken next time. Maybe the standard OC base plate could be ‘’just right’’?

I judge razors on a number of criteria including the usual, smoothness, blade feel, efficiency etc. Another one is how long the shave lasts. I don’t like to shave everyday as my face gets tender (as I’m a delicate flower).:p:
I shaved on Sunday afternoon and as mentioned the shave was BBS. I’ve found the regrowth to be a bit faster than the SB 0.84. Maybe this is all in the mind? I’ll keep an eye on this when I use it again.

Cheers
Rob AKA Mr Goldilocks :blush:
You need a very light touch with JAWS, I found it took too much stubble off. The sweetspot for me are the 0.68 and 0.84 SBs.

For the Nodachi, I would highly recommend you pick-up the Masamune base plate or swap with someone who finds the regular Masamune too mild. It turns the Nodachi into a mild, stable and super smooth DE razor.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
You need a very light touch with JAWS, I found it took too much stubble off. The sweetspot for me are the 0.68 and 0.84 SBs.

For the Nodachi, I would highly recommend you pick-up the Masamune base plate or swap with someone who finds the regular Masamune too mild. It turns the Nodachi into a mild, stable and super smooth DE razor.
Thanks for the tip. I was in a rush so not the best way to judge a razor but I’ll definitely take more care and use a lighter touch next time.

Again thanks for the advice on the Nodachi. I’ve got my eye on another razor (which I’ve tried and tested BTW) so I need the cash to go towards that one.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
I used the JAWS base plate for the first time on Sunday. I posted my initial thoughts on my SOTD but thought I’d post my thoughts on the JAWS, 0.68 and 0.84 here.

View attachment 54900

I had the Game Changer 0.68 and 0.84 on loan from a good friend @Acer89 I used the 0.68 first and liked it. I found it similar to the Colonial Aluminium General. You could throw it around your face (within reason of course) without much fear of it biting you. The shave was comfortable but too mild for my needs. I don’t like to shave everyday so I was looking for a longer lasting shave.

Using the 0.84 Game Changer was one of those WOW shaves. I ordered one straight after the first shave. Great balance, manoeuvrability and the low profile head is fantastic to use around the nose. It’s up there with the smoothest razors I’ve used. Efficiency wise was very good and a step up from the 0.68, not massive but enough for me to pull the trigger straight away. After a few shaves I did find it lacking, just slightly in efficiency.

When Razorock announced the release of the OC base plates this was music to my ears. After waiting what seemed like FOREVER I finally got my hands on the JAWS base plate.

SOTD (I was in a bit of a rush at the time so not ideal conditions)…

I used the Gillette Silver Blue as I found it was a match made in heaven with the 0.84 SB. The shave was very similar to 0.84 SB. Very smooth with very little blade feel and only felt the teeth a couple of times. The teeth aren’t sharp unlike other open comb razors I’ve tried from Blackland and ATT.
I did my usual 3 passes and rinsed off and had a feel around for any touch-ups and there was none. We are talking BBS with no touch-ups. WOW!

I did my usual hot and cold water splash and dried off and applied the aftershave. I started to clean my gear and noticed a number of sweepers on my chin. Another splash of cold water and some pressure applied soon sorted them out. It shows the JAWS is a deceptive shaver.
As mentioned previously I was in a rush getting ready so more care needs to be taken next time. Maybe the standard OC base plate could be ‘’just right’’?

I judge razors on a number of criteria including the usual, smoothness, blade feel, efficiency etc. Another one is how long the shave lasts. I don’t like to shave everyday as my face gets tender (as I’m a delicate flower).:p:
I shaved on Sunday afternoon and as mentioned the shave was BBS. I’ve found the regrowth to be a bit faster than the SB 0.84. Maybe this is all in the mind? I’ll keep an eye on this when I use it again.

Cheers
Rob AKA Mr Goldilocks :blush:
+1 Agreed on the OC JAWS. It's deceptively efficient without losing much at all to the .84 SB variant. I still think that the .84 SB is still the smoother shaver but, just by a whisker where that is totally a wash between the two razors when one considers the slight increase in efficiency with JAWS.

In the end, a great write up that I think is spot on between the 2 razors.

Happy shaves brother....
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
+1 Agreed on the OC JAWS. It's deceptively efficient without losing much at all to the .84 SB variant. I still think that the .84 SB is still the smoother shaver but, just by a whisker where that is totally a wash between the two razors when one considers the slight increase in efficiency with JAWS.

In the end, a great write up that I think is spot on between the 2 razors.

Happy shaves brother....
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. Back at ya. :thumbsup:
 

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
I’ve gone off my .84 - I find it has too much blade feel which I don’t like and my face doesn’t feel that good afterwards - still a super smooth and close shave but I much much prefer the .68
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have only been using my new GameChanger OC since receiving it a few weeks ago. First two shaves were nice. Third was only ok but I realized that my beard may have changed it's direction of growth. I made a couple adjustments as a result and my shave yesterday was stellar even though it was only 3 passes. I usually do an extensive touch up pass but didn't have the time for that but was still treated to a BBS shave. I think the best part about this razor is that for the first time I am getting much closer shaves on the left side of my neck where I normally am left with a fair amount of stubble when running my hand against the grain. I think I'm getting the hang of this implement and it's beginning to dial in nicely. I think I'll use it exclusively for another two weeks and then rotate back in my Gillette New Deluxe which has been my benchmark for this razor. It will be interesting to see how they compare.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Just ordered the standard OC base plate from Italian Barber.

I’ve used the JAWS base plate three times now. You need a very light touch and have to be fully aware at all times. The finished results are remarkable, we’re talking BBS with 3 passes and not a single touch-up…well a little white lie. There’s always the odd patch you’ve missed but you get my point. It’s up there with the Muhle R41 but the GC doesn’t skin you alive. Saying that it (the JAWS) has gave me a few weepers.

Why order the OC? Well you have to be very careful with the JAWS and I prefer my shaves to be more relaxing. Laffin!
The 0.84 SB was close to perfect for me but lacked, every-so slightly in efficiency, it needed turning up a notch. The JAWS has turned the efficiency factor up by 3 or 4 notches. It’s difficult to quantify but hopefully you catch my drift.
I’m hoping the OC is a happy medium. Watch this space.
 
Last edited:

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
You'll love the Game Changer OC. It pairs exceptionally well with the Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave aka Torpedo Ti handle.
 

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Just ordered the standard OC base plate from Italian Barber.

I’ve used the JAWS base plate three times now. You need a very light touch and have to be fully aware at all times. The finished results are remarkable, we’re talking BBS with 3 passes and not a single touch-up…well a little white lie. There’s always the odd patch you’ve missed but you get my point. It’s up there with the Muhle R41 but the GC doesn’t skin you alive. Saying that it (the JAWS) has gave me a few weepers.

Why order the OC? Well you have to be very careful with the JAWS and I prefer my shaves to be more relaxing. Laffin!
The 0.84 SB was close to perfect for me but lacked, every-so slightly in efficiency, it needed turning up a notch. The JAWS has turned the efficiency factor up by 3 or 4 notches. It’s difficult to quantify but hopefully you catch my drift.
I’m hoping the OC is a happy medium. Watch this space.
I look forward to your views when you receive the OC plate!. It sounds like we are in a similar position, got the GC SB.84 recently and after some time dialing it in now like it as a carefree daily driver. However also like you I would perhaps prefer just a little more efficiency and so the OC sounds like it may be the job.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I look forward to your views when you receive the OC plate!. It sounds like we are in a similar position, got the GC SB.84 recently and after some time dialing it in now like it as a carefree daily driver. However also like you I would perhaps prefer just a little more efficiency and so the OC sounds like it may be the job.
I'll report back to this thread. I'll tag you...if I remember. :blush:
 
Top