Razorock Gamechanger

Cheers Chris. It has helped but which OC to go for? Will the JAWS be too much?
Nay bother, pal.
From what I've heard Rob, the standard OC 0.84 is just a notch above the 0.84 SB in aggressiveness..the Jaws is meant to be much more aggressive with a lot of blade feel. They made it because quite a few people complained that the 0.84 SB wasn't aggressive enough, apparently. So they decided to release the two plates.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Will wait until the OC heads are offered separately. I really don’t want a full razor as I have plenty of RR handles to choose from. In the meantime I got a really good shave tonight with the GC .84 and Super Knurl. The OC plates are going to be a real nice addition to the GC’s....

F93AB3F0-B42D-4440-83DB-3FCB6E4B24B6.jpeg
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Today I shaved with the SB 0.84 and while the finishing could be a little better, the shave was superb. I've replaced the original handle with a Will Quiles titanium handle which improves the shave significantly. I didn't find the SB 0.84 aggressive; the JAWS is maybe 30% more aggressive in my view and can nip if not careful. I'm so impressed the Wunderbar and OC 0.84 are now incoming.
 
Today I shaved with the SB 0.84 and while the finishing could be a little better, the shave was superb. I've replaced the original handle with a Will Quiles titanium handle which improves the shave significantly. I didn't find the SB 0.84 aggressive; the JAWS is maybe 30% more aggressive in my view and can nip if not careful. I'm so impressed the Wunderbar and OC 0.84 are now incoming.
The Wunderbar is a great razor, Michael. Congrats on your recent acquisitions. Any chance of a review of the GC OC..there doesn't seem be many around...
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
The Wunderbar is a great razor, Michael. Congrats on your recent acquisitions. Any chance of a review of the GC OC..there doesn't seem be many around...
Sure, I'll do a review of the OC 0.84 as soon as I receive it. I have a few things being sent to Comgateway in the US and will get these re-packed and sent on to me in Japan. If you haven't used this service, it's highly recommended. DHL to Japan takes 3 days and shipping is very reasonable at around $30.
 
Sure, I'll do a review of the OC 0.84 as soon as I receive it. I have a few things being sent to Comgateway in the US and will get these re-packed and sent on to me in Japan. If you haven't used this service, it's highly recommended. DHL to Japan takes 3 days and shipping is very reasonable at around $30.
Sounds good! :thumbsup:
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I’m really enjoying the GC .84 and have been getting great shaves from it. As a fan of the .68 I was disappointed that it was being discontinued, but actually after a week with the .84 I can see why. I generally prefer mild razors but the .84's easy to use and comfortable with greater efficiency. If I’m being picky, I’m a bit disappointed with the barber pole handle, it’s a bit rough. Can’t really complain for the cost of the razor though and the head's excellent. I may have to try and source a super knurl, although it pairs really well with a bulldog.

With this and the Mamba .70 Razorock have produced a couple of excellent razors.
 
I’m really enjoying the GC .84 and have been getting great shaves from it. As a fan of the .68 I was disappointed that it was being discontinued, but actually after a week with the .84 I can see why. I generally prefer mild razors but the .84's easy to use and comfortable with greater efficiency. If I’m being picky, I’m a bit disappointed with the barber pole handle, it’s a bit rough. Can’t really complain for the cost of the razor though and the head's excellent. I may have to try and source a super knurl, although it pairs really well with a bulldog.

With this and the Mamba .70 Razorock have produced a couple of excellent razors.
Glad you're liking the 0.84, Chris! How does it compare the Mamba 0.70?
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I can get an equally close shave with either so efficiency is difficult to quantify for me, however the GC is easier to find the angle with. The Mamba is slightly smoother with less blade feel, but it’s more angle-sensitive. Honestly they’re both great, I think I slightly prefer the GC but there's not a lot in it. The GC feels more aggressive but the end result is similar with either.

Given the price point, Razorock have done a great job with these. You’re getting machined 316 stainless steel made to tight tolerances for around £70. Some of the handles could be better, and I’d probably prefer the head to be either polished fully or brushed, but with that being said if that’s where they’re keeping the price down it’s in the right place.
 

ronald

Senior Member
OC and Jaws baseplate-only options were also up on IB for those of us who already have Game Changers, but quickly sold out. Hopefully they have a new batch of baseplates coming soon
 
Top