Razorock Gamechanger

bijou

Forum GOD!
I have the Game Changer 84 and put it away, I did not like the shave or the feel, it's not smooth or efficient for me

As far as Jaws, I have used Jaws a half dozen times now and for myself, and for a razor that shows a lot of blade it is an excellent very smooth, efficient shaver, for my daily use (I switched out the handle for a SS Stork Falcon 13 x 90). In comparison razors in my rotation are two Gillette Old-Style/Single Ring ball end which I switch out the handle for a stork aristocrat better feel, balance, control and shave (I use a shim with this razor, U.S Army Old Style which doesn't need a shim, (this razor has just the right amount of aggressiveness for me without a shim). a CG 3 DC, PAA Ascension SS with a shim, British Streamline Gem and a Gibbs 17. My blade of choice is Polsilver. I have been using the Smart Helix, the aggressive side with a Feather blade and it too is an excellent razor.

But jaws really surprised me an inexpensive SS razor that is ever so smooth and efficient with excellent feedback is hard to find for blade feel lovers like myself.
IMG-2907.JPG
IMG-2912.JPG
 
Last edited:

bijou

Forum GOD!
One more observation the blade holding tolerance is incredible (at least on the razor that I have), there is absolutely no play with the blade in the head before you tighten the head down with the handle. I have to push down on the blade slightly for it to lock into place, and when I finish my shave and take the head apart to clean it takes a moment to release the blade from the bottom plate (the wetness of the blade adds to the tightness in how the blade is held in place during the shave). With other razors at times, the blade wetness will make the blade stick to the bottom plate a drop, with Jaws the blade is already locked into place so the wetness adds a slight degree of effort to remove the blade.
 

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Got the GC .84 today and had a first shave. Very impressed. It’s a super smooth razor, found it smoother than the Rockwell 6C (plate 6) but just as efficient. Deceptively efficient. It may well become my daily driver, but anything more than 24 hrs growth and I will need to park it and use one of my more aggressive razors. So looking forward to the OC and Jaws plates.
 

Retroman_1979

Active Member
I have the gc 84 and 68. I enjoy them both very much. The 84 was the first razor that helped me improve my technique as it was just aggressive enough to make me bleed a touch or be uncomfortable at the wrong angle or weight. The 68 is a joy for me to ise and i could use either every day if it wasnt for a stable full of additional razors all calling my name
 

Retroman_1979

Active Member
I found that I liked the jaws but sold it. I think due to the fact that i only used it a couple times and grabbed other razors more often I never really got used to it.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Picked this one up off the b/s/t a week ago and it came in yesterday. First shave last night and it was a good one. I find it almost equal to the GC in the sb configuration in smoothness with a nice bump up in efficiency and blade feel that was very pleasing. Another winner in the RR line up.....

A8ABBA6B-6799-4C32-B719-EA02C23B7F4B.jpeg
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Game Changer SB 0.68

Starlog 29082019, I had my first shave with the Game Changer 0.68 this morning. After shaving with a Schtick Hydro 5 in hotel rooms for the past 5 weeks, this was heaven. I paired the GC 0.68 with the Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave handle and a fresh GSB. It's a very smooth and moderately efficient shaver, with an easy to find sweetspot.

While it's more efficient and easier to use than the Feather AS-D2, I think this would still be an ideal 'mindless' daily driver. You can whip it around your face without any fear, WTG, ATG and XTG with 99% complacency :D Even though there is no issue removing stubble, I wouldn't mind a slightly larger blade gap of say 0.75mm. This razor is worthy of anyone's cabinet and while I'm partial to GSBs, it may need a slightly more aggressive blade.
 
Last edited:

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
3rd straight shave with the GC .84 OC Jaws and just a very comfortable, smooth yet very efficient feeling shave. 2.5 passes that left me near BBS minus for 2 weepers near Sir Adam. It certainly shaves as good as the GC .84 SB and perhaps even better though it’s only 3 shaves in but, I’m starting to believe that it feels as though it’s a better shaver than the SB. More shaves to follow..

72E38EB3-3D06-4614-8D41-2E4DDAADA625.jpeg
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Game Changer SB 0.84

Starlog 30082019, this morning's shave was with the CG SB 0.84 with the Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave handle to keep things consistent, and the GSB from yesterday's shave. The SB 0.84 is smooth and and ballpark 15-20% more efficient than the SB 0.68. I think I prefer the SB 0.84 with a shorter heavier handle like the Will Quiles Ti, which makes it feel more stable than the Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave.

Will Quiles Fatty Ti:


While the SB 0.84 is a fine shaver, I did nip myself slightly while doing a sweeping up-turn manouver my chin :scratchhead: In terms of enjoyment, I actually preferred the SB 0.68 over the SB 0.84. The beauty of the SB 0.68 is in it's inefficiency; you're made to work for the shave and use technique to get the best out of the razor, all the while in maximum comfort.
 

Blackie

Forum GOD!
Just shows the YMMV of wet shaving.
I had both the .68 and .84 GC razors.
Did not like the shave at all from either of them.
Sold them, bought a Timeless and that problem was sorted.
The GC's are well machined, and do look good. Sadly, they are not for me.
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Game Changer OC 0.84

The Game Changer OC 0.84 had it's maiden shave this morning with the same Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave and a fresh GSB. The Hempel handle for some reason just seems to click with the OC 0.84. One thing to note is yesterday's shave with the GC SB 0.84 gave a closer shave than the GC SB 0.68. I prefer more stubble in the morning ritual, another plus for the GB SB 0.68.

The OC 0.84 is a smooth operator for an open comb, you can feel the teeth so it's not as smooth as the SB model. In terms efficiency, they're roughly the same. My take is if you're after an OC, you couldn't do much better at any price point.

Hats off to Joe :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Game Changer OC 0.84 'Jaws'

Today's shave was a progression with the Game Changer OC 0.84 Jaws, Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave and a fresh GSB. As others have mentioned, the Jaws edition with 9 teeth instead of 12 teeth for the regular OC 0.84 is slightly intimidating based on looks alone. In use and perhaps with a slightly lighter touch, it's a very smooth shave. Jaws is more efficient than the regular OC. There was more blade feel on the upper lip and I was fractionally sore post shave but nothing major.

If I had to choose between the regular OC and the OC Jaws edition, my vote would be the regular OC 0.84. It's less aggressive and I want stubble for the next day's shave :D
 
Last edited:

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
My past three shaves have been with the Game Changer SB 0.68 and SB 0.84 with different titanium handles. I mentioned in a post above, the SB 0.84 and heavier Will Quiles Fatty handle worked best together compared to the medium-weight Jurgen Hempel UFO Wave. After shaving with this combination again, it's definitely the case. It seems the heavier handle gives a smoother shave with the SB 0.84.

The SB 0.68 didn't work so well with the Will Quiles Fatty. It was sublime with the Jurgen Hempel Slim Wave, like a surgical instrument allowing me to accurately find the sweetspot with the smaller blade gap.
 
Last edited:
Top