Option Five DE Razor

mantic59

Forum GOD!
My 2nd shave w/O5 went considerably better. I dabbed my fingers on an alum bloc for a better grip and got a complete shave out of it. I did get a few weepers but that might be left over from the 1st shave. There's a fair amount of blade exposure, more than I prefer, but it's not "harsh" at all. There was a bit of lather clogging on the underside of the head for me but nothing serious. I'm still not sure this razor will make my regular rotation but it's a visually beautiful razor at a great price (for the moment).
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
:)
I got a shipping notice as well today but no tracking (others also had no tracking).:)
Tough to say when it will get to you especially with all the holiday packages - for me, in the US, it took about two weeks I think once I got the shipping notice.
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
I would have to totally agree with you. This razor can shave. What really impresses me is how the blade aligns perfectly. Now they are going to sell them for $124... We definitely bought them as a lost leader. The manufacturer made zero profit..
Hmm...Mr Slantman, I "heard" that you sold your O5.... Didn't you like it after all or too many razors already? Just being curious.....
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Oh noes..a deserter in the ranks!
Think you gonna get yours before Xmas Mr Sausage?
I am going to get one razor for sure before Christmas ---> Rockwell 6s that should arrive today or tomorrow :). So Christmas shaving is secured..
The O5 is on it's way from Switzerland to Finland, not sure if it will make it before Christmas. Btw I used your code "friendsofdarkbulb" when purchasing O5, so thank you and O5 team for that :okay:
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
I am going to get one razor for sure before Christmas ---> Rockwell 6s that should arrive today or tomorrow :). So Christmas shaving is secured..
The O5 is on it's way from Switzerland to Finland, not sure if it will make it before Christmas. Btw I used your code "friendsofdarkbulb" when purchasing O5, so thank you and O5 team for that :okay:
All I remember from Suomi is that I helped restructuring "Yddhus (*?) Panki" (sp?) about 15 years ago :)
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
All I remember from Suomi is that I helped restructuring "Yddhus (*?) Panki" (sp?) about 15 years ago :)
:happy: I would not have guessed that. You are full of dark secrets I see...Nice Finnish skills btw :notworthy:
Are you still happy with O5? I wish I get it before Christmas :santa:
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
I guess you mean Yhdyspankki ...?
Yeah something like that. A lot of meetings in a very gray and gloomy Helsinki :)
I am still very happy w/ the O5. It's 3:04am over here and I'm about to call it a night and still not sure if tomorrow will be w/ the O5 or my new Razorock Hawk Satin razor :)
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Yeah something like that. A lot of meetings in a very gray and gloomy Helsinki :)
I am still very happy w/ the O5. It's 3:04am over here and I'm about to call it a night and still not sure if tomorrow will be w/ the O5 or my new Razorock Hawk Satin razor :)
Yes the weather you described sounds familiar...Hmm..I have to look at the Razorock thing you mention. I am not familiar with Razorock razors. But must be good if you use them :wink:
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
Sorry, but this is a butt-ugly razor. It is ugly-on-a-stick. It is ugly enough to be Scottish. :roflmao:
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sorry, but this is a butt-ugly razor. It is ugly-on-a-stick. It is ugly enough to be Scottish. :roflmao:
Not sure about the Scottish reference :p but definitively agree with you regarding looks. In fact it looks a lot like the EJ89 Chatsworth razor, with an ugly head. Anyhow in the eye of the beholder etc. Having read the reviews on this thread, definitely is not for me.
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Sorry, but this is a butt-ugly razor. It is ugly-on-a-stick. It is ugly enough to be Scottish. :roflmao:
Heh heh. I dont know any Scottish but they sure make excellent single malts :popcorn:.
I kinda like the looks of O5. It is different for sure. The looks was one of the key factors I decided to buy it :oops:. I also like the looks of Merkur Futur (the golden version is very beautiful, I dont one one though).
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
Not sure about the Scottish reference :p but definitively agree with you regarding looks. In fact it looks a lot like the EJ89 Chatsworth razor, with an ugly head. Anyhow in the eye of the beholder etc. Having read the reviews on this thread, definitely is not for me.
Imagine @Billyfergie without his kilt. There's your Scottish reference.
 
Top