October Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Thanks for the update. I'll have to think about it again if I want to try it out or not. With all the soaps I've been getting lately (and will be getting in the near future), I might just skip it.
Skip it. Make sure you get a Southern Witchcrafts. Randy's not an enabler, but this base is excellent.

Beware with the scents though. Ask me first to discuss it a bit more before you order.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Nope not kidding. I prefer tallow based soaps. I don't even consider soaps anymore if they don't contain tallow.
You don't lose anything if you add a sample of SW.

It's not tallow that makes a soap a better performer. For me of course.

I have tried terrible tallow based soaps and some excellent vegan ones.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
You don't lose anything if you add a sample of SW.

It's not tallow that makes a soap a better performer. For me of course.

I have tried terrible tallow based soaps and some excellent vegan ones.
I want animals around me, I want animals on my plate and I want animals in my soap. There's also a gazillion soaps out there right now and I don't have a gazillion euros in my wallet, so I've got to make choices. So I'm only going for the top tier tallow based soaps. The only exception to that rule the last year and a half or so has been Stirling (still tallow based, but just below the top tier soaps in my opinion, however the scents were too good to ignore). Basically my rule when purchasing soaps is: go tallow or go home.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I want animals around me, I want animals on my plate and I want animals in my soap. There's also a gazillion soaps out there right now and I don't have a gazillion euros in my wallet, so I've got to make choices. So I'm only going for the top tier tallow based soaps. The only exception to that rule the last year and a half or so has been Stirling (still tallow based, but just below the top tier soaps in my opinion, however the scents were too good to ignore). Basically my rule when purchasing soaps is: go tallow or go home.
I'm not a vegan, I eat meat too. So, you don't have a single soap without tallow?
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I'm not a vegan, I eat meat too. So, you don't have a single soap without tallow?
I do, the ones I bought at the start of my traditional wetshaving journey: TOBS Jermyn Street Collection (cream), TOBS Sandalwood (soap in wooden bowl) and an unused tub of Proraso white. But I don't use them anymore. Every soap that I've used since May 2018 or so contained tallow.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Thank you. With samples, I always scoop out approx. an almond size and mash it into a bowl. Would that be enough with this soap or do I need more?
More. Make sure you have a layer of soap in your bowl, a damp to dryish brush, not wet. This thing is sensitive to water. Keep loading and then add carefully drip by drip some water, but not much.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I do, the ones I bought at the start of my traditional wetshaving journey: TOBS Jermyn Street Collection (cream), TOBS Sandalwood (soap in wooden bowl) and an unused tub of Proraso white. But I don't use them anymore. Every soap that I've used since May 2018 or so contained tallow.
You can toss Proraso White with safety now.
 
Top