October Acquisitions

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hi David, hope you're well and nice haul BTW! :) I am so behind on the new soaps and products that come out I have literally no idea what the second set is! :blush:(Looks very interesting)
Of course I couldn't have missed "Milksteak" with many positive reviews. Enjoy!
Thanks, Chris.
The second set is the LE Murphy & McNeil Nantahala in the new Kodiac base. It contains bear, beef and duck tallow.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Nice haul David! I have Nantahala on its way to Sweden, and waiting for Maggard's to stock DG. Are the splashes alcohol based? And how is the scent on Massacre?
Thanks, Stefan.
All the splashes are alcohol based although there is an alcohol-free version for the Nantahala.
Massacre is lovely from the container. It's a little on the sweet side but not overly so. I've never smelt the EdP on which it's based, but it's familiar.
 

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
Thanks, Stefan.
All the splashes are alcohol based although there is an alcohol-free version for the Nantahala.
Massacre is lovely from the container. It's a little on the sweet side but not overly so. I've never smelt the EdP on which it's based, but it's familiar.
Thanks!
I have the alcohol-free version of Nantahala coming.
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Some back-up Zenith unbleached Boars from YourShaving. Difficult to secure but Jose kindly agreed to stock them...

View attachment 56765View attachment 56766

24mm and 27mm knots respectively, both set at 51mm...lovely jubbly!
In the words of one of my great heroes 'Come to Butthead'.

I've been looking for a place that'd stock the Zenith unbleached boar brushes, they really are superb. Different to unbleached Omega brushes. I thought I had no interest in buying any more brushes, but I think I might reevaluate that...

For the aluminium one at least which on the page says 'knot height - 56mm'. I have the same brush with a white plastic handle and the measurements are around the same of a 10066 ie 24mm/55mm. My unbleached has a huge amount of backbone though.
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
In the words of one of my great heroes 'Come to Butthead'.

I've been looking for a place that'd stock the Zenith unbleached boar brushes, they really are superb. Different to unbleached Omega brushes. I thought I had no interest in buying any more brushes, but I think I might reevaluate that...

For the aluminium one at least which on the page says 'knot height - 56mm'. I have the same brush with a white plastic handle and the measurements are around the same of a 10066 ie 24mm/55mm. My unbleached has a huge amount of backbone though.
They are also stocking the Zenith 27x64 plastic handled unbleached boar...you are correct on the loft...

81CD8B8A-07E4-48F9-95CF-619196D1D18C.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Top