ChinglishIt could be an issue of 'Chinglish' and they might mean a knot with a low glue bump, not a small knot as they don't really have much under 22mm.
For Chlinglish, I sent a few messages back and forth with Oumo and they were almost impossible to decode! I'm sure they were just copying and pasting with Google Translate and when my brush finally arrived, I was almost delighted that I received a brush that could be used for shaving my face and not a wild boar with an old toothbrush glued to it's back.
love that!I have the same handle, but with a highmountain Silvertip knot. Stunning handle indeed. Now, if they would release a Cashmere brush with that handle, I’d be all over it.So Yaqi told me that they sent the exact brush (24mm) but with low glue bump.
I was glad because I really like the handle of the Aqua Tuxedo.
For my brush there is an explanation I guess. There were some of them with higher glue bump and wanted to get rid of them by putting the price at 9.22€. Because I am a loyal customer of them they replaced the brush, or else they might ignore me.Also @RandySp not sure if you have noticed, but Yaqi seems to gradually increase the price of their brushes shortly after they have been released. Two examples of that:
1) I bought this brush for €11,62. It costs €16,37 now.
![]()
2) You bought this brush for €9? It costs €19,11 now.
![]()
No clue about mine, feels fine I guess. I have never checked any of my brushes for a glue bump. If they have a lot of backbone, I just assume it's due to the type of hair used. That's why I don't like my Yaqi Tuxedo brush with Mysterious Space Color handle.For my brush there is an explanation I guess. There were some of them with higher glue bump and wanted to get rid of them by putting the price at 9.22€. Because I am a loyal customer of them they replaced the brush, or else they might ignore me.
What about yours? Is it ok?
Maybe mine have the same "problem", I really like the powerful backbone, but not so powerful that the bristles won't open at all.No clue about mine, feels fine I guess. I have never checked any of my brushes for a glue bump. If they have a lot of backbone, I just assume it's due to the type of hair used. That's why I don't like my Yaqi Tuxedo brush with Mysterious Space Color handle.
How about the SilkSmoke knot? Maybe that's something for you? I've wanted to order this brush a couple of times because it looks gorgeous in my opinion, but I'm afraid it's going to have too much backbone for me.Maybe mine have the same "problem", I really like the powerful backbone, but not so powerful that the bristles won't open at all.
I know that Tuxedos require pressure to splay but they are soap suckers too with feather soft tips.
That why I really like my 26mm Timberwolf and may get another one, with different handle. No more tuxedos for me.
DS Cosmetic have got some decent options too: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/new-ds-cosmetics-synthetic-brush-knots.13524/#post-300236How about the SilkSmoke knot? Maybe that's something for you? I've wanted to order this brush a couple of times because it looks gorgeous in my opinion, but I'm afraid it's going to have too much backbone for me.