October Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Just ordered, it’s on the way. Will let you know how it performs. The rate it’s selling let’s hope the hype matches up.
You know what? I'm sure that some people will expect something really really out of this world and I think that may be disappointed.

I mean, it has to be the number 1, but could be??

Wow, I made this soap a soap opera... Let's see what we could expect in the next episode.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Update from Yaqi:

The reply:

"Sorry for the inconvenience. The brush you received may be defective.I will find a brush with small knot and send it to you again today"
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Update from Yaqi:

The reply:

"Sorry for the inconvenience. The brush you received may be defective.I will find a brush with small knot and send it to you again today"
Nice to hear, great customer service. You've received a better reply than me. Connaught's reply basically was "there's nothing in the pictures you should be concerned about, if you're not happy with the razor you can return it in its original carton if you haven't used it yet". To be fair, RazoRock is to blame for this fairly poor finish, but the fit seems to be perfect. My Mühle R41 which was about the same price as the Hawk had zero imperfections. But it is what it is, I'm keeping it since it shaves great.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Nice to hear, great customer service. You've received a better reply than me. Connaught's reply basically was "there's nothing in the pictures you should be concerned about, if you're not happy with the razor you can return it in its original carton if you haven't used it yet". To be fair, RazoRock is to blame for this fairly poor finish, but the fit seems to be perfect. My Mühle R41 which was about the same price as the Hawk had zero imperfections. But it is what it is, I'm keeping it since it shaves great.
I think you made the right choice. No one is perfect. The finish of my R41 is excellent but I don't really like the way it feels on the face.

If you like the way the Hawk shaves,of course you should keep it and maybe add later a Lupo for everyday shaving.

Just don't worry about the finish at all. I am picky too, but the important thing is to provide nice shaves. Don't forget only you can see the blemishes.

As for the Yaqi, I am not sure which brush they will send. I hope it isn't 20 or 22mm because I don't like them at all.
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Update from Yaqi:

The reply:

"Sorry for the inconvenience. The brush you received may be defective.I will find a brush with small knot and send it to you again today"
It could be an issue of 'Chinglish' and they might mean a knot with a low glue bump, not a small knot as they don't really have much under 22mm.

For Chlinglish, I sent a few messages back and forth with Oumo and they were almost impossible to decode! I'm sure they were just copying and pasting with Google Translate and when my brush finally arrived, I was almost delighted that I received a brush that could be used for shaving my face and not a wild boar with an old toothbrush glued to it's back.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
It could be an issue of 'Chinglish' and they might mean a knot with a low glue bump, not a small knot as they don't really have much under 22mm.

For Chlinglish, I sent a few messages back and forth with Oumo and they were almost impossible to decode! I'm sure they were just copying and pasting with Google Translate and when my brush finally arrived, I was almost delighted that I received a brush that could be used for shaving my face and not a wild boar with an old toothbrush glued to it's back.
Im reading this from my cellphone, it almost fell off my hand, into the street!!

I thought the same thing, but I hope they don't send me a 22mm knot, as it can't hold much lather on it for later passes.

I hope of course not to send a floppy brush, because they would think that I don't like the glue bump at all. I like it, but I don't prefer to cover almost all the bristles!

Yaqi communication with Randy:

"Assemble the hair part at the top of the handle. The thickness of the edge of the handle is not uniform, but it is not obvious after assembling the hair.It does affect not normal use at all".

and

" Hi dear friend, thank you for your love Yaqi, best regards, it shouldn't change the price after a month".

Hahahahahaha
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Im reading this from my cellphone, it almost fell off my hand, into the street!!

I thought the same thing, but I hope they don't send me a 22mm knot, as it can't hold much lather on it for later passes.

I hope of course not to send a floppy brush, because they would think that I don't like the glue bump at all. I like it, but I don't prefer to cover almost all the bristles!

Yaqi communication with Randy:

"Assemble the hair part at the top of the handle. The thickness of the edge of the handle is not uniform, but it is not obvious after assembling the hair.It does affect not normal use at all".

and

" Hi dear friend, thank you for your love Yaqi, best regards, it shouldn't change the price after a month".

Hahahahahaha
As fine as their brushes might be, these communications are why you should buy from China direct.

Aside from the unexpected joy when what you ordered is actually what you ordered if you can decode the messages it makes you feel like you're Sherlock f***ing Holmes.
 
Top