October Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
As fine as their brushes might be, these communications are why you should buy from China direct.

Aside from the unexpected joy when what you ordered is actually what you ordered if you can decode the messages it makes you feel like you're Sherlock f***ing Holmes.
Along with his friend @Dr Watson
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Nice to hear, great customer service. You've received a better reply than me. Connaught's reply basically was "there's nothing in the pictures you should be concerned about, if you're not happy with the razor you can return it in its original carton if you haven't used it yet". To be fair, RazoRock is to blame for this fairly poor finish, but the fit seems to be perfect. My Mühle R41 which was about the same price as the Hawk had zero imperfections. But it is what it is, I'm keeping it since it shaves great.
You will get even less customer service from Razorock. My MK1 hawk started peeling Chrome and read basically told "what do you expect for the price". At least Connaught offered a return!
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
You will get even less customer service from Razorock. My MK1 hawk started peeling Chrome and read basically told "what do you expect for the price". At least Connaught offered a return!
Wow very polite customer service from RR.
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
NSR, but just took delivery of a new Asus Chromebook C434 and it is a thing of beauty. I really wanted a Pixelbook, but they are a couple of years old now running older CPUs and they are still commanded £1000. The Asus is a new model, running the new i5-8200y CPU and 8gb RAM. Chrome flies and the native Linux is pretty damn rapid too. Would love to really get into photo editing, but GIMP looks like it has a massive and steep learning curve that I do not have the patience for....
Interested to hear how you're getting on with this - I'm tempted to 'upgrade' my current 2015 Macbook 12" which is about as slow as it gets from the Apple line up. That being said, I would be looking at photo editing...
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
You will get even less customer service from Razorock. My MK1 hawk started peeling Chrome and read basically told "what do you expect for the price". At least Connaught offered a return!
Yeah, I came across your post about it and PayPayl refusing to refund you while performing a search on the forum. A return wouldn't solve anything for me, because the shipping costs are crazy high to the UK (€19 insured and tracked last time I sent a package to the UK, roughly half the price of the razor by the way). The razor is indeed not super expensive, but not dirt cheap either. I expected a better finish from RazoRock for this price.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Connaught's reply basically was "there's nothing in the pictures you should be concerned about, if you're not happy with the razor you can return it in its original carton if you haven't used it yet"
You will get even less customer service from Razorock. My MK1 hawk started peeling Chrome and read basically told "what do you expect for the price". At least Connaught offered a return!
I had a similar reply from Connaught on an iKon slant. I suspect if they admit there's an issue then, by law, they are liable for the return costs.

Similar response to glue bumps in Razorock brushes.

Guess where my money doesn't go...
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Interested to hear how you're getting on with this - I'm tempted to 'upgrade' my current 2015 Macbook 12" which is about as slow as it gets from the Apple line up. That being said, I would be looking at photo editing...
It's fantastic! I wish I knew how to use Gimp then I could really give it a test for you!
 

Dr Watson

James
I had a similar reply from Connaught on an iKon slant. I suspect if they admit there's an issue then, by law, they are liable for the return costs.

Similar response to glue bumps in Razorock brushes.

Guess where my money doesn't go...
Had a similar response regarding a defective (IMO) MWF ceramic jar, they reluctantly took it back and told me all about how nobody else had ever had a problem and what a bother it was... Don't think I ever got the return p&p reimbursed.

Like you, I voted with my wallet.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I had a similar reply from Connaught on an iKon slant. I suspect if they admit there's an issue then, by law, they are liable for the return costs.

Similar response to glue bumps in Razorock brushes.

Guess where my money doesn't go...
Had a similar response regarding a defective (IMO) MWF ceramic jar, they reluctantly took it back and told me all about how nobody else had ever had a problem and what a bother it was... Don't think I ever got the return p&p reimbursed.

Like you, I voted with my wallet.
I believe it was my 3rd order from Connaught Shaving so far and unless I can't easily find a product elsewhere, also my last for now. Next time I need Schick blades, it'll be from Rakuten...
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've never heard this before regarding Connaught... They were always regarded as one of the best in the business! I have only ever had first class service from them, granted I have never had any warranty problems...
 

Dr Watson

James
I've never heard this before regarding Connaught... They were always regarded as one of the best in the business! I have only ever had first class service from them, granted I have never had any warranty problems...
It may have been a bad week or something but once bitten, twice shy so I won't use them again. In contrast, Shave Lounge have the opposite approach with no quibble, a replacement item being dispatched immediately using next day courier service with a prepaid postbag included to return the faulty item at your leisure.
 
Top