November 2021 Acquisitions

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
@J349 @Optometrist @TheChrisC @Railwaychief @Tortuga

After all the hoo har I caused yesterday I have decided I will keep the Grave Fruit. Today is another day & now I know it's a mild scent I want to have an SW soap in the rotation.
Plus my son says he wants me to keep it as he likes it. Sorry to have had a bit of a downer on it yesterday as I know the brand has its fans.
I was just not giving it a chance but now I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks Chaps, I appreciate your input on the topic. šŸ™
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
finally got a fatboy in fairly decent condition and the case has a crack in, so got the slim, Fatboy and long handled black beauty 109, not sure if the Gillette toggle will save any different but can't justify the silly price tags Ive seen tbh

either way chuffed finally got the Fatboy been eyeing it up for ages, was waiting for the right price tbh

IMG_20211120_145938.jpg

IMG_20211120_150028.jpg


few day and night cien creams from little and a synthetic I thought I'd try out in lidl

IMG_20211120_150333.jpg
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
finally got a fatboy in fairly decent condition and the case has a crack in, so got the slim, Fatboy and long handled black beauty 109, not sure if the Gillette toggle will save any different but can't justify the silly price tags Ive seen tbh

either way chuffed finally got the Fatboy been eyeing it up for ages, was waiting for the right price tbh

View attachment 104503
View attachment 104504

few day and night cien creams from little and a synthetic I thought I'd try out in lidl

View attachment 104505
You really now have so many Razors that perhaps you should consider Shaving the Face, so you can appreciate them properly.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
You really now have so many Razors that perhaps you should consider Shaving the Face, so you can appreciate them properly.
šŸ˜‚ Not gonna lie I did get tempted the other day,
As I can only shave my head so often,
but tbh my beards decent size and whenever I've trimmed it down or even shaved it many many years ago, I just regret I have a surreal relationship with shaving, love shaving my head but just always hated shaving my facial hair even when I used to rock a goatee lol
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
The Toggle wasn't produced on a scale as large as the TTOs, is harder to find and that's the reason for the high pricing, especially if in good condition.
Yea saw one on ebay the other day went for over two hundred

I thought yea I'll bid and clicked on it then saw it went was over my budget lol šŸ˜†

 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
@J349 @Optometrist @TheChrisC @Railwaychief @Tortuga

After all the hoo har I caused yesterday I have decided I will keep the Grave Fruit. Today is another day & now I know it's a mild scent I want to have an SW soap in the rotation.
Plus my son says he wants me to keep it as he likes it. Sorry to have had a bit of a downer on it yesterday as I know the brand has its fans.
I was just not giving it a chance but now I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks Chaps, I appreciate your input on the topic. šŸ™
I didn’t think you were being harsh with your opinion at all. If you can’t get any detectable scent off of it that’s not great. I would say that mine is mild but still present and it’s a very nice scent. It’s also a great base (for me the best vegan base I’ve tried, though I can’t claim to have tried PAA CK-6 yet).

They do also do other scents that are considerably stronger so if you find you like the base there’s options for you. You could also ask for a replacement tub to be sent to you with a stronger scent on it.
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
I didn’t think you were being harsh with your opinion at all. If you can’t get any detectable scent off of it that’s not great. I would say that mine is mild but still present and it’s a very nice scent. It’s also a great base (for me the best vegan base I’ve tried, though I can’t claim to have tried PAA CK-6 yet).

They do also do other scents that are considerably stronger so if you find you like the base there’s options for you. You could also ask for a replacement tub to be sent to you with a stronger scent on it.
Thanks Chris, My son used it today and when lathered I could smell it better. The lather was top notch he said & from what I saw it looked great. I'm back on board with it but not sure if I am ready for their other stuff just yet as Grave Fruit 2 is an easy scent & not challenging at all like some of their others.

Hand on heart PAA CK6 is nothing short of fantastic. I have only just recently discovered it is arguably my favourite base. I know when I pick that tub up it's game on for a great lather, no fuss, & ticks all the performance boxes. Great stuff!

Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Nick
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Thanks Chris, My son used it today and when lathered I could smell it better. The lather was top notch he said & from what I saw it looked great. I'm back on board with it but not sure if I am ready for their other stuff just yet as Grave Fruit 2 is an easy scent & not challenging at all like some of their others.

Hand on heart PAA CK6 is nothing short of fantastic. I have only just recently discovered it is arguably my favourite base. I know when I pick that tub up it's game on for a great lather, no fuss, & ticks all the performance boxes. Great stuff!

Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Nick
Druantia, Pomona and Samhain are the other friendly ones. I can’t imagine anyone not liking those (or at least finding them pleasant). Nothing too woody, earthy or dank about those. Pomona is spiced apple and hints of red wine and honeysuckle. Samhain is pumpkin, sandalwood, tobacco and bourbon and is close to a gourmand and Druantia is a woody scent without being earthy or damp, it’s crisp and pleasant. If I had those in stock I’d gladly send you a sample if you’re in the UK. I should have Pomona and Samhain again soon.!
 
Top