Railwaychief
Forum GOD!
Great looking brush Chris 10/10A special edition Alpha Outlaw handle that I've fitted a 26mm SynBad knot in.
View attachment 104478
Great looking brush Chris 10/10A special edition Alpha Outlaw handle that I've fitted a 26mm SynBad knot in.
View attachment 104478
Stunning Lee! It will look so good paired up with the Synbad!View attachment 104485
View attachment 104486View attachment 104487
![]()
I finally had my first handle made to go with an AP shave co Synbad knot I won on a PIF courtesy of @N0ggie Canāt wait to pop it in and give it a run out. Going to set it now.
You really now have so many Razors that perhaps you should consider Shaving the Face, so you can appreciate them properly.finally got a fatboy in fairly decent condition and the case has a crack in, so got the slim, Fatboy and long handled black beauty 109, not sure if the Gillette toggle will save any different but can't justify the silly price tags Ive seen tbh
either way chuffed finally got the Fatboy been eyeing it up for ages, was waiting for the right price tbh
View attachment 104503
View attachment 104504
few day and night cien creams from little and a synthetic I thought I'd try out in lidl
View attachment 104505
The Toggle wasn't produced on a scale as large as the TTOs, is harder to find and that's the reason for the high pricing, especially if in good condition.not sure if the Gillette toggle will save any different but can't justify the silly price tags Ive seen tbh
You really now have so many Razors that perhaps you should consider Shaving the Face, so you can appreciate them properly.
Yea saw one on ebay the other day went for over two hundredThe Toggle wasn't produced on a scale as large as the TTOs, is harder to find and that's the reason for the high pricing, especially if in good condition.
I didnāt think you were being harsh with your opinion at all. If you canāt get any detectable scent off of it thatās not great. I would say that mine is mild but still present and itās a very nice scent. Itās also a great base (for me the best vegan base Iāve tried, though I canāt claim to have tried PAA CK-6 yet).@J349 @Optometrist @TheChrisC @Railwaychief @Tortuga
After all the hoo har I caused yesterday I have decided I will keep the Grave Fruit. Today is another day & now I know it's a mild scent I want to have an SW soap in the rotation.
Plus my son says he wants me to keep it as he likes it. Sorry to have had a bit of a downer on it yesterday as I know the brand has its fans.
I was just not giving it a chance but now I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks Chaps, I appreciate your input on the topic.![]()
Thanks Chris, My son used it today and when lathered I could smell it better. The lather was top notch he said & from what I saw it looked great. I'm back on board with it but not sure if I am ready for their other stuff just yet as Grave Fruit 2 is an easy scent & not challenging at all like some of their others.I didnāt think you were being harsh with your opinion at all. If you canāt get any detectable scent off of it thatās not great. I would say that mine is mild but still present and itās a very nice scent. Itās also a great base (for me the best vegan base Iāve tried, though I canāt claim to have tried PAA CK-6 yet).
They do also do other scents that are considerably stronger so if you find you like the base thereās options for you. You could also ask for a replacement tub to be sent to you with a stronger scent on it.
Druantia, Pomona and Samhain are the other friendly ones. I canāt imagine anyone not liking those (or at least finding them pleasant). Nothing too woody, earthy or dank about those. Pomona is spiced apple and hints of red wine and honeysuckle. Samhain is pumpkin, sandalwood, tobacco and bourbon and is close to a gourmand and Druantia is a woody scent without being earthy or damp, itās crisp and pleasant. If I had those in stock Iād gladly send you a sample if youāre in the UK. I should have Pomona and Samhain again soon.!Thanks Chris, My son used it today and when lathered I could smell it better. The lather was top notch he said & from what I saw it looked great. I'm back on board with it but not sure if I am ready for their other stuff just yet as Grave Fruit 2 is an easy scent & not challenging at all like some of their others.
Hand on heart PAA CK6 is nothing short of fantastic. I have only just recently discovered it is arguably my favourite base. I know when I pick that tub up it's game on for a great lather, no fuss, & ticks all the performance boxes. Great stuff!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Nick