No Buy 2018

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Based on my July purchases, i should probably drop out of the No Buy 2018 group. Shown is 2 Paladin Special Disco brushes, Occam SE (from Kickstarter), AT&T Calypso (used), and Blackland Dart. Not shown is my Mervyn Cadman brush coming and late June purchases. In my defense, some good bargains and who can pass up a Paladin in Special Disco or two brush.
IMG_20180719_224257.jpg
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Based on my July purchases, i should probably drop out of the No Buy 2018 group. Shown is 2 Paladin Special Disco brushes, Occam SE (from Kickstarter), AT&T Calypso (used), and Blackland Dart. Not shown is my Mervyn Cadman brush coming and late June purchases. In my defense, some good bargains and who can pass up a Paladin in Special Disco or two brush.
View attachment 32698
Lovely haul especially those Paladins I'm slightly envious.
 

AlexNoodles

Forum GOD!
Based on my July purchases, i should probably drop out of the No Buy 2018 group. Shown is 2 Paladin Special Disco brushes, Occam SE (from Kickstarter), AT&T Calypso (used), and Blackland Dart. Not shown is my Mervyn Cadman brush coming and late June purchases. In my defense, some good bargains and who can pass up a Paladin in Special Disco or two brush.
View attachment 32698
yup, yer out.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Apart from the kanon cologne (vintage & at a great price, likely not happening again any time soon), the short lofted Zenith aluminium boar, and the Simpsons that my friend was dying to unload (again, at a ridiculously low price) I haven't bought anything. My last slip was in June, so I'm feeling pretty good about things. Now to many of you the purchases I made while supposedly "not buying anything" are excessive, but compared to my expenditures the past 3 or 4 years this attempt at reigning myself in has been a smashing success.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
When I say I don't buy anything I mean only buying blades, aftershaves....

I can't stop completely!
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have definitely failed with no buy 2018, hats off to those who have resisted temptation.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I have definitely failed with no buy 2018, hats off to those who have resisted temptation.
In the strictest sense I clearly have failed, but in relative terms I've succeeded beyond expectations. Imagine a football club whose record for each of the past 4 years has been 0 wins & 12 defeats; this year, there are a couple matches left to play but I'd say I've won 8 and lost 2. My ultimate goal was self control, not total abstinence, and I think I'm gaining some self control. SOTD photos used to cost me at least a thousand dollars a year, if you know what I mean. It was see, shop, click, and pay. That was what I needed to stop doing. And I still look at every SOTD photo that gets posted.
EDIT: WHO AM I KIDDING? SOTD photos cost me SEVERAL THOUSAND a year!!!
 
Top