No Buy 2018

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Thud. I just bought a brush from Brad Sears. No Buy me arse. No feckin' self control is more like it.
As soon as I awakened I emailed Brad Sears and was able to cancel the order. A late night fantasy carried a bit too far. Sorry to disappoint. But no need to worry, as I'm certain to stumble and fall again at any time. Just wait for it.

Oh- and the brush is listed on his site again if anyone is interested. Please buy it so that I won't buy it again after I come home from the pub tonight. It's the special badger Chichester in Lapis Lazuli. A breathtakingly beautiful brush. Unfortunately he doesn't or can't ship internationally.
https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/collections/readymade
 
Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
Wonder why he called it the Chichester? There's nothing noteworthy here :scratchhead:It sounds very English, I guess :giggle:

...Still waiting on the special badger Huddersfield :hotdrink:
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Let me grab a La Toja ASL & one Pinaud Clubman Gents' Gin and count me in.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Wonder why he called it the Chichester? There's nothing noteworthy here :scratchhead:It sounds very English, I guess :giggle:

...Still waiting on the special badger Huddersfield :hotdrink:
The trophy awarded to the champion club in ice hockey in North America is called the Stanley Cup, a 19thC sterling bowl donated by Lord Stanley of Preston, who was Governor General of Canada during Victoria's reign. I've often said that those who are impressed by the term "Preston" have obviously never been there.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
As soon as I awakened I emailed Brad Sears and was able to cancel the order. A late night fantasy carried a bit too far. Sorry to disappoint. But no need to worry, as I'm certain to stumble and fall again at any time. Just wait for it.

Oh- and the brush is listed on his site again if anyone is interested. Please buy it so that I won't buy it again after I come home from the pub tonight. It's the special badger Chichester in Lapis Lazuli. A breathtakingly beautiful brush. Unfortunately he doesn't or can't ship internationally.
https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/collections/readymade

Solution:
- go back to pub and match or increase beverage count
- buy the brush and have Brad/Nancy ship to me in the US
- I use the brush for a while
- I send the brush to you - mark as gift and used
- WIN for you - does not count as buy or purchase, save various fees and another fun evening in the Pub

(you have excellent taste in shaving brushes)
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Solution:
- go back to pub and match or increase beverage count
- buy the brush and have Brad/Nancy ship to me in the US
- I use the brush for a while
- I send the brush to you - mark as gift and used
- WIN for you - does not count as buy or purchase, save various fees and another fun evening in the Pub

(you have excellent taste in shaving brushes)
I'm living just outside Dayton, Ohio.
 

Britva

Eats steel for lunch
Mmmm. Coffee soaps. I was banned from Badger & Blade for my response to a thread about food scented soaps. I wrote that I had 2 favourite soap scents- goat vindaloo, and tatties & herring. A moderator with a quick trigger finger sent me packing.

To be fair, I should add that this same moderator had "warned" me about my "lack of gentlemanly bearing" in a previous thread where men were renaming altered Williams soaps such as the "Blue Willie" (mixed with Aqua Velva), the "Spiced Willie" (Old Spice), etc. I suggested that a quick little squirt of Kiss My Face cream on a puck of Williams soap made the delightful "Kiss My Willie."
Hilarious! [emoji23]
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I fell off the wagon this week:

Soapy Science Hanalei
Martin de Candre Rose

Forcedly back on it now. I’m skint.
Shaving soap developed as an 8th grade school science project with 10% of the proceeds going to help school age kids does not count as a purchase - more like a donation (my opinion). I purchased and added Soapy Science Hanalei to my No Buy exemption list (the list already included Lollipop Citrus, Doc's Blend, and Tester 1-2-3).

At a minimum, great choices !
 

Tazzimus

Forum GOD!
I'm aiming for a no buy July, seeing as I very much over indulged this month and purchased all the things.
I'm not very optimistic that it'll actually happen, but no harm trying :)
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I haven't bought anything shaving related this year, and I am holding strong (I hope) :)
I'm still holding on. A couple of things have popped up onto my radar that I had hoped not to see until the other side of January 2019. Namely some MdC Rose and the Muehle Rocca(s) on the BST. As stated, I'm still holding on, just about.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I'm still holding on. A couple of things have popped up onto my radar that I had hoped not to see until the other side of January 2019. Namely some MdC Rose and the Muehle Rocca(s) on the BST. As stated, I'm still holding on, just about.
I haven't bought anything shaving related this year, and I am holding strong (I hope) :)
Hang in there, lads. Speaking for myself, the experience of slipping twice since January has taught me that the pleasure and enjoyment of a new item is tarnished significantly by remorse or regret at my own lack of self control.
 
Top