Pass Around Lather Bros. El Caballero Bay Rum Shaving Soap

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Soap arrived on Valentines day. So I took the chance to try it right away.
OK. it lathers very easily and provides a disant amount of cushion but How can they call this a Bay Rum?
It has at best a feint Korma curry scent of Turmeric, coconut and almond but not a bay rum! Scent wise OSP Bay Rum is bursting with cloves, spices and lime and compliments P&B's cologne but this is a great disappointment scent wise. Shaving wise, it did a reasonable job.
Barry is next I have his details But I was brought into intensive care on Friday night with a viral Japanese flu. This has now escalated into pneumonia :sick:
Bloody greatfull for spell check, right now! So My wife will be posting it to him in the mid week.
Thanks for the opportunity all the same and hope you are well Gordy :bravo:

Barry1963

Easily Led
Soap arrived on Valentines day. So I took the chance to try it right away.
OK. it lathers very easily and provides a disant amount of cushion but How can they call this a Bay Rum?
It has at best a feint Korma curry scent of Turmeric, coconut and almond but not a bay rum! Scent wise OSP Bay Rum is bursting with cloves, spices and lime and compliments P&B's cologne but this is a great disappointment scent wise. Shaving wise, it did a reasonable job.
Barry is next I have his details But I was brought into intensive care on Friday night with a viral Japanese flu. This has now escalated into pneumonia :sick:
Bloody greatfull for spell check, right now! So My wife will be posting it to him in the mid week.
Thanks for the opportunity all the same and hope you are well Gordy :bravo:
So sorry to hear that you are unwell Si. Get well soon mate.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
God Irish nurses are sexy :) and that's just the fellas :laugh:. Hey I'm half stoned and loving it.
Looks like I'm on the mend :hyper:and will be out in a few days.
Barry, the soap will be posted in the morning :)

Barry1963

Easily Led
God Irish nurses are sexy :) and that's just the fellas :laugh:. Hey I'm half stoned and loving it.
Looks like I'm on the mend :hyper:and will be out in a few days.
Barry, the soap will be posted in the morning :)
No rush Si. Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Barry1963

Easily Led
:o_o:Sorry for the delay in posting chaps. I have only used the soap once, but because I load like there’s no tomorrow (hard water), I think it’s only fair to pass it on.
I used it on a planned two pass shave and for the first the lather was great. Easy to whip up, with plenty of cushion and slickness. The scent was nice. I can only compare it to P&B Imperial Rum as far as bay rums are concerned and I found it a softer, more pleasing aroma. The lather was beginning to break down by the end of the second pass but that wasn’t really an issue. I’m sure that with a couple more attempts I would have dialled it in correctly. So a very decent soap and one that I would definately have purchased a few months ago (if it was still being produced). But I’m trying to be far more selective these days and sticking to soaps that work superbly for me.

Thanks to Shaving Time for making the soap available for the pass around. And thanks to @Gordy for organising the whole thing.

Could @pimple8 please pm me with an address. Anyone know how much postage is to Croatia?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
:o_o:Sorry for the delay in posting chaps. I have only used the soap once, but because I load like there’s no tomorrow (hard water), I think it’s only fair to pass it on.
I used it on a planned two pass shave and for the first the lather was great. Easy to whip up, with plenty of cushion and slickness. The scent was nice. I can only compare it to P&B Imperial Rum as far as bay rums are concerned and I found it a softer, more pleasing aroma. The lather was beginning to break down by the end of the second pass but that wasn’t really an issue. I’m sure that with a couple more attempts I would have dialled it in correctly. So a very decent soap and one that I would definately have purchased a few months ago (if it was still being produced). But I’m trying to be far more selective these days and sticking to soaps that work superbly for me.

Thanks to Shaving Time for making the soap available for the pass around. And thanks to @Gordy for organising the whole thing.

Could @pimple8 please pm me with an address. Anyone know how much postage is to Croatia?
@pimple8 has pulled out due to the postage costs involved... I'll update the list in @Gordy's absence. Hope all is well....