Pass Around Lather Bros. El Caballero Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
If you haven't been following my recent SOTD posts I'll provide a quick update on my thoughts on this soap here.
The top and bottom of it is, is that I LOVE it. The scent is not something I would have picked, but I would have missed out massively. It really is beautiful scent. Superbly weighted, it never overpowers but you can smell it all throughout the shave. It doesn't linger though.
The lather is THIRSTY! You can dump lots and lots of water in it before it breaks down; it has never broken down for me. It is slick slick and slick.
The only thing I would say is that some, such as Vreto, P&B and Eufros are a little thicker and gooey/stretching if you prefer this type of lather.
This is a great soap and delighted to have tried it

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Yeah, it is just going the the drop off shop now.

Sorry for the delay, I've been snowed under the last few days...

Andymc133

Veteran
I have used the El Caballero Bay Rum Shaving Soap first time this morning

First impressions are the soap is similar to OSP soap in appearance and smell. It has the same sort of fatty smell that OSP has. My skin doesn't always get on with fatty soap's so will see how I get on.

I have started to face lather more so tried this today resulting in a slick lather but was a little unstable I will use my Maseto brush tomorrow and see if lather improves.

So far impression is a good soap but not quite as good as Penhaligons or Wickham 1912 in either scent or performance

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Haven't seen Gordy in a while, asked about getting into the pass around but no response :/

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Andymc133

Veteran
Tried the El Caballero Bay Rum Soap again yesterday and again still disappointed with the stability of the lather will try it one last time and pass it on

Andymc133

Veteran
I used the soap again this morning and this time I Bowl lathered the results were slightly better but still only okay I'll get it posted on asap but will be Monday as I'm working this weekend

Reactions: p.b