Help Randy lather Stirling...

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

R181

Grumpy old man
I saw once a @Kevy video that started to face lather with a Simpsons badger using only the tips and didn't smash the brush onto his face. With this method the lather stayed near the tips. But, is it possible?
Yes, it is possible. There is no earthly reason to smash the brush onto your face to face lather. That is unless you want to stress the knot.

Bob
 

Eurofighter

Forum GOD!
I started getting better shaves after loading less at first and then loading a little before each pass. I do have hard water and I load 20-30 seconds initially and then 10-15 seconds before each additional pass, depending on the soap.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Ok Guys.
Just for my friend King Randy I shaved this evening with Stirling Orange Chill. Nothing fancy, un bloomed puck, Muhle XL synthetic. Razor unimportant for these purposes.
So I soaked the brush for around 2 mins in a sink of cold water then flicked out 80% of the water and went straight to the puck and loaded for around 30 -40 seconds max. This is a pic of the initial load ready to face lather
F8B56CA5-63DC-454F-8881-E5E3111FA286.jpeg


I then face lathered as normal , great lather and shaved pass 1. Then I pulled out the lather from the knot and had this for my second pass
8466A9A2-6890-4B5B-9025-87357713B44E.jpeg

I applied by brush from my hand and shaved pass 2. Rinsed off then again pulled the lather from the knot, be gentle, no need to damage the knot just enough pressure to remove lather.
This what was left for touch up‘s or indeed if required pass 3.
0E694B42-0E9B-4D08-9C55-5A1E4DC6DBDF.jpeg

I still have enough for a covering on the face like @Rowlers as a face conditioner while I wash everything out. Give it a go King Randy. There will be more in that knot than you realise.
Good luck and happy shaving buddy.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Many thanks fellas. I think I will make a shave with the Barbershop on Thursday.

I have these choices:

Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Yaqi Aqua handle 24mm
Yaqi Barberpole Monster 30mm

Semogue 620
Omega 10065
Omega 49 Pro
Omega 10051
Omega 20102 wooden handle

Which one then?


No, I didn't mention it.
I usually face lather @MntnMan62 .

But I may try bowl lather next time.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Ok Guys.
Just for my friend King Randy I shaved this evening with Stirling Orange Chill. Nothing fancy, un bloomed puck, Muhle XL synthetic. Razor unimportant for these purposes.
So I soaked the brush for around 2 mins in a sink of cold water then flicked out 80% of the water and went straight to the puck and loaded for around 30 -40 seconds max. This is a pic of the initial load ready to face lather
View attachment 66763

I then face lathered as normal , great lather and shaved pass 1. Then I pulled out the lather from the knot and had this for my second pass
View attachment 66764
I applied by brush from my hand and shaved pass 2. Rinsed off then again pulled the lather from the knot, be gentle, no need to damage the knot just enough pressure to remove lather.
This what was left for touch up‘s or indeed if required pass 3.
View attachment 66765
I still have enough for a covering on the face like @Rowlers as a face conditioner while I wash everything out. Give it a go King Randy. There will be more in that knot than you realise.
Good luck and happy shaving buddy.
Wow that is what I'm looking for Wayne.

Will post my picture before the shave.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Many thanks fellas. I think I will make a shave with the Barbershop on Thursday.

I have these choices:

Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Yaqi Aqua handle 24mm
Yaqi Barberpole Monster 30mm

Semogue 620
Omega 10065
Omega 49 Pro
Omega 10051
Omega 20102 wooden handle

Which one then?


No, I didn't mention it.
I usually face lather @MntnMan62 .

But I may try bowl lather next time.
In reality anyone of those should do the job would be my guess.

Bob
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Oh Randy, this was a surprise.
Stirling is one of the easiest soap to lather.
No need to bloom it. And you can't go wrong with any amount of water. even if it's too much, just work it until it becomes normal.
For 3 passes a 50 second load will do. A Synth will create more lather than boar.
Just practice until you get the desired quantity / quality.

If needed, some great older videos: Dry/wet/marco:

Of one more recent, from the ''Indian lather god'' - he ads water WHILE loading (i do it btw)
 

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
I tried my first Stirling soap today (bought a tub of Piacenza and matching splash) and wow, I am impressed with it!.

It lathered up a dream and give me a dense slick lather, enough for a 3 pass shave and touch up.

I bloomed it for a few minutes with a little distilled water (which if I am blooming soaps I always use) then went to work with a Stirling Two band Synth which had been wetted under the tap and shook out two or three times. This soap does like plenty of water but I don’t find it as finicky with it as say Zingari Sego. I added drops of water as needed from the tap.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
So gents I will post some pics on Thursday.
Sorry Nishy, when I asked King @RandySp not to get bogged down following your post it wasn't intended as a slight to you or your post, when I read it back it did appear to be like that, it wasn't the intention at all.
Not at all Wayne!
 
Top