Wayne
Forum Sod
Brilliant news @Randomangle so glad it worked for you.Worked a treat Wayne, overflowing with lather!
Brilliant news @Randomangle so glad it worked for you.Worked a treat Wayne, overflowing with lather!
Yes, it is possible. There is no earthly reason to smash the brush onto your face to face lather. That is unless you want to stress the knot.I saw once a @Kevy video that started to face lather with a Simpsons badger using only the tips and didn't smash the brush onto his face. With this method the lather stayed near the tips. But, is it possible?
Wow that is what I'm looking for Wayne.Ok Guys.
Just for my friend King Randy I shaved this evening with Stirling Orange Chill. Nothing fancy, un bloomed puck, Muhle XL synthetic. Razor unimportant for these purposes.
So I soaked the brush for around 2 mins in a sink of cold water then flicked out 80% of the water and went straight to the puck and loaded for around 30 -40 seconds max. This is a pic of the initial load ready to face lather
View attachment 66763
I then face lathered as normal , great lather and shaved pass 1. Then I pulled out the lather from the knot and had this for my second pass
View attachment 66764
I applied by brush from my hand and shaved pass 2. Rinsed off then again pulled the lather from the knot, be gentle, no need to damage the knot just enough pressure to remove lather.
This what was left for touch up‘s or indeed if required pass 3.
View attachment 66765
I still have enough for a covering on the face like @Rowlers as a face conditioner while I wash everything out. Give it a go King Randy. There will be more in that knot than you realise.
Good luck and happy shaving buddy.
In reality anyone of those should do the job would be my guess.Many thanks fellas. I think I will make a shave with the Barbershop on Thursday.
I have these choices:
Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Yaqi Aqua handle 24mm
Yaqi Barberpole Monster 30mm
Semogue 620
Omega 10065
Omega 49 Pro
Omega 10051
Omega 20102 wooden handle
Which one then?
No, I didn't mention it.
I usually face lather @MntnMan62 .
But I may try bowl lather next time.
Yes, very little pressure needed. Brush dependent but you just want to saturate the tips.So, no pressure of the brush, just the tips, to collect the soap?
Sorry Nishy, when I asked King @RandySp not to get bogged down following your post it wasn't intended as a slight to you or your post, when I read it back it did appear to be like that, it wasn't the intention at all.Yes, very little pressure needed. Brush dependent but you just want to saturate the tips.
Not at all Wayne!Sorry Nishy, when I asked King @RandySp not to get bogged down following your post it wasn't intended as a slight to you or your post, when I read it back it did appear to be like that, it wasn't the intention at all.
Hey Wayne, I didn't even read it as that, I agree use what works and dismiss the rest, it is only stubble after allSorry Nishy, when I asked King @RandySp not to get bogged down following your post it wasn't intended as a slight to you or your post, when I read it back it did appear to be like that, it wasn't the intention at all.

Only stubble!!Hey Wayne, I didn't even read it as that, I agree use what works and dismiss the rest, it is only stubble after all![]()
If it wasn’t for our facial follicles we would have no hobby or opportunity to spend, spend, spend on essential (and expensive) equipment!
The next king after @Wayne.Only stubble!!If it wasn’t for our facial follicles we would have no hobby or opportunity to spend, spend, spend on essential (and expensive) equipment!
![]()