Has there ever been a better time

Dr Watson

James
It's a funny one... I agree it's never been a better time to be a newbie but also there seems to be fewer newbies than ever.

Perhaps it's the overwhelming amount of choice which is off putting? I have no idea where I would start if entering this lark today. Back when I started you only had the choice of 3-4 different brands when it came to razors, brushes and soaps... There's a good reason so many of us started with a Merkur/Muhle razor, Omega/Kent brush and Tobs/Proraso cream because that's all you could get lol.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
The trend today for men seems to be beards and plaid shirts which places a low priority on shaving. A quick chorus of I'm a Lumberjack seems more appropriate.

Bob
I’ve never liked facial hair of any kind, be it a beard, a moustache or sideburns. I am baffled by chaps growing full, bushy beards or GQ stubble. The one I find most puzzling is the goatee.
 
Never been a fan of beards myself (Nothing against those who wear one , or several :giggle:)

I did actually did grow a beard many years ago and it drove me up the wall. Children tugging on it..bats nesting in it...ringing soup out of my moustache.
I don't always shave everyday but after three or more days I'm dying for an nice clean shave.
As for the guys who sport the the humongous beards..the least they could do is tuck it into their trousers..bloody ruffians! :D:laugh:
 
Last edited:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
It's not that baffling, some of us like facial hair.
It’s just a subjective statement. I have no issue with men who wear facial hair, but it’s just not for me. My estranged brother sports a luxuriant moustache, but that is not the cause of our estrangement.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I’ve never liked facial hair of any kind, be it a beard, a moustache or sideburns. I am baffled by chaps growing full, bushy beards or GQ stubble. The one I find most puzzling is the goatee.
Growing a goatee is the best I can muster, wish I could grow a beard
 
Top