Has there ever been a better time

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Thats the thing though, beards are very much in vogue at present amongst the younger generation.
Where i live i think conor mcgregor has alot to answer for haha every man from 18 upto 30 yr old is now sporting a beard of some kind.
A few years back i gave it a go myself (im 32) the beard grew in every shade of red with a few blonde and grey hairs thrown in, not a good look so it was quickly shaved off.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I’ve never liked facial hair of any kind, be it a beard, a moustache or sideburns. I am baffled by chaps growing full, bushy beards or GQ stubble. The one I find most puzzling is the goatee.
I used to have a goatee, in my youth I fancied myself as a younger (fatter) Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Now I don't get beards at all, itchy as hell and must be so hot in summer
 

Dr Watson

James
I associate goatees with the early 00's... Seemed every "nu-metal" dude had one. Beards I've never appreciated, if you want to look like anything other than a bum they generally take more work to upkeep than shaving! Now mustache's I like, had one for 2 years and miss it... So actually yes I do understand the goatees and beards, once you have one for long enough it just becomes part of your identity rather than a fashion statement.
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
I associate goatees with the early 00's... Seemed every "nu-metal" dude had one. Beards I've never appreciated, if you want to look like anything other than a bum they generally take more work to upkeep than shaving! Now mustache's I like, had one for 2 years and miss it... So actually yes I do understand the goatees and beards, once you have one for long enough it just becomes part of your identity rather than a fashion statement.
A Dutch person once told me that slang for a goatee translates to 'talking vagina'. I've not really been able to take that kind of facial hair seriously since hearing that.

As for beards, I pretty much had one for 15 years (on and off) and shaved it off for good when I got into this hobby. I wasn't really one to keep a neat and tidy one, I had a large hobo like beard. It's a PITA for sure, hot and itchy during the summer and even worse in the winters if you have a cold.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
A Dutch person once told me that slang for a goatee translates to 'talking vagina'. I've not really been able to take that kind of facial hair seriously since hearing that.
Yup, we used to bug people wearing them by tell them that last time I saw something like it was around a vagina. Only practised on people with a sense of haha who could take a ribbing. OTH a good way to start a bar brawl.

Bob
 

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
Yup, we used to bug people wearing them by tell them that last time I saw something like it was around a vagina. Only practised on people with a sense of haha who could take a ribbing. OTH a good way to start a bar brawl.

Bob
Used to live in the Netherlands - pratende kut - I believe is the term:laugh:
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I don't like the itch that sets in after about 5 days. I know, use some beard oil. Nope. I see longer beards as something that can trap dirt and other microscopic organisms. That's probably what's causing the itch. And as the beard grows longer, god only knows what other larger critters might burrow their way in there. I'll stick with shaving. The ritual is awesome.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I don't like the itch that sets in after about 5 days. I know, use some beard oil. Nope. I see longer beards as something that can trap dirt and other microscopic organisms. That's probably what's causing the itch. And as the beard grows longer, god only knows what other larger critters might burrow their way in there. I'll stick with shaving. The ritual is awesome.
I’m surprised Mr Zappa didn’t have a big, bushy beard. Perhaps he did and I missed it.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I don't like the itch that sets in after about 5 days. I know, use some beard oil. Nope. I see longer beards as something that can trap dirt and other microscopic organisms. That's probably what's causing the itch. And as the beard grows longer, god only knows what other larger critters might burrow their way in there. I'll stick with shaving. The ritual is awesome.
Flavour savers have never been my bag
 
Top