Hair pomade

LeGaulois

Forum GOD!

Wax gel Men's Stories metal box (500ML) 20€
The ideal product for those who want an original look and shiny hair.
The wax and gel mixture combines the fixing power of the gel with the brilliance of the wax.
It leaves no residue and is eliminated when brushing

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I completely ignored all your advice (sorry! I'm a cheapskate) and bought Scaramouche & Fandango and Osmo. The S&F is really solid like a wax on goes on in clumps. Not great but it is OK on short hair. The Osmo is very similar in texture and appearance to Uppercut. It smells of bubblegum. It is FANTASTIC! So easy to apply, holds very strongly but does not feel hard. Washes out easily. This will be my bench mark Pomade.

https://www.scaramoucheandfandango.com/product/pomade/
&
http://www.osmo.uk.com/styling/grooming/osmo-elite-pomade-100ml.aspx

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I've never used pomade but assume you could walk through a class 5 hurricane and not one hair would be out of place. I don't need that kind of hold and just need enough to prevent my hair from looking like this:

image.png

So I use this:

image.png

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I completely ignored all your advice (sorry! I'm a cheapskate) and bought Scaramouche & Fandango and Osmo. The S&F is really solid like a wax on goes on in clumps. Not great but it is OK on short hair. The Osmo is very similar in texture and appearance to Uppercut. It smells of bubblegum. It is FANTASTIC! So easy to apply, holds very strongly but does not feel hard. Washes out easily. This will be my bench mark Pomade.

https://www.scaramoucheandfandango.com/product/pomade/
&
http://www.osmo.uk.com/styling/grooming/osmo-elite-pomade-100ml.aspx
Osmo is good. I bought this (not from Amazon but a grooming website approx £5 delivered) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0114SO...t=&hvlocphy=9045976&hvtargid=pla-381696121878

It's cheap, as good as Murdock IMO who have now reduced their hair paste/Matt mudd by half the quantity and increased the price (about 3 months back). Medium matt hold that washes out with ease. Smells good too. Also bought some Dapper Dan which is above average but nothing on the Vines.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Was looking for some sheen and hold, so thought I would give the Reuzel Blue a go

Very strong hold and you have to work it in quickly but very little sheen :cry:.
This one, I won't be re-buying.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Was looking for some sheen and hold, so thought I would give the Reuzel Blue a go
Very strong hold and you have to work it in quickly but very little sheen
I found the same with Reuzel Red, as well as Layrite and Suavecito.

Water-based pomades are a good idea in theory, but on my hair they dry hard and sticky with no shine. Like a gel basically, just more fashionable. And much more expensive.

Dr Watson

James
I found the same with Reuzel Red, as well as Layrite and Suavecito.

Water-based pomades are a good idea in theory, but on my hair they dry hard and sticky with no shine. Like a gel basically, just more fashionable. And much more expensive.
Good to know, I liked the idea of them but if they're just fashion gel forget it! When it comes to pomade my hairstyle requires a light hold with med/high shine and the cheapest/value for money product I've found for this is Dax "short & neat"... For me the fact it is almost unscented is a bonus, so many "artisan" pomades have disgusting strong scents, I do not want to walk around smelling of candyfloss, butterscotch or bubblegum :cursing:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Layrite's normal hold water base is a good pomade with a soft vanilla fragrance, Dr. It just lacked the shine.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’ve been using Shear Revival’s matte paste - called Northern Lights - for the last few months and it’s easily the best I’ve used. I’ve easily got another year or two’s worth of it to get through but I’ll be interested to see what’s new on the scene in time.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I’ve been using Shear Revival’s matte paste - called Northern Lights - for the last few months and it’s easily the best I’ve used. I’ve easily got another year or two’s worth of it to get through but I’ll be interested to see what’s new on the scene in time.
Do you glow is the dark, Burgundy

D

Deleted member 30

I occasionally use Shockwaves Rough-Cut styling putty. It has a firm hold and if you put it into wet hair it will keep that wet look throughout the day, even once your hair has dried.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
On my 3rd tub of Layrit's water based pomade in the last year and a half. Easy to style and smells great but not overpowering. Not oily pillows!

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Hi hold, low shine is what i like.

Skin fade back and sides, light trim at the top.

Currently using arcadian high hold pomade or the shear revival paste.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I normally use gel on my hair and I'm considering pomade. Ideally I'd like it to be easy to work through my hair hold well and give a nice shine to last through the day. With such an array to choose from I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm considering,
Reuzel pink
Dapper Dan Deluxe
Layrite super shine cream
Morgan's Firm hold
Lockhart goon grease

Am I on the right lines with any of those?