Favourite Razor & blade pairing

Sami

Forum GOD!
Parker semi slant with a GSB so incredibly smooth and yet efficient i use this combo as my go to i dont use any other razors i own and as JoeLr said i experience the same thing with GSB they seem to be working well in any razor for me
 

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Ok, from my limited experience these are my preferred combos for the below razors:

1. RazoRock Baby Smooth with a new Feather........ slicker than raccoon poop in a hurricane....and shaves very gently and efficiently....great for blade buffing.

2. ATT Aluminum w/ "R" open comb base plate with Astra Platinum.......very efficient without constant fear.....

3. Rockwell 6S with the "4" base plate with GSB...... probably my most consistently best shaves with this combo

4. Parker 55SL with Gillette 7 O'clock Black Platinum...... easy shaving slant with this blade

5. Mergress and Fatboy bot shave amazing with Kai's..... something about the little extra stiffness of a Kai blade I guess.

Those are all the personal magic combos for my face, hope it helps some of you all as well. I've seen some here that I'm going to try soon.
 

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
I can definitely agree on "magic" razor and blade combos. There are blades that are horrid in a tech that are absolutely lovely in my black beauty.

Lady Gillette: Personna red

Tech: Supermax Blue Diamond

Black Beauty: Wizamet

Parker shavette: Kai
 

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Ok, I tried the 55SL (Parker Semi-Slant) with the GSB....... awesome shave. Going to stick with that blade for this razor from here in out. Thank you Sami!
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
A couple of mine:

- RazoRock Black Hawk V2 + Schick Proline P-30 (my favourite combo)
- Above The Tie SE1 + Schick Proline P-30
- Mühle R41 + Rapira Platinum Lux
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Have given up on DE Razors as I am more prone to nicking myself with them, than with Razors using thicker blades.

1 Vintage SE. Ever Ready Streamline & Gem S/S
Modern SE TNNSER & Gem S/S.

2. Injector Schick O Clone & Schick Twin Japanese,

3 AC/SE ATT SE1 & Schick Proline
This could be displaced by Occams Hiram/plate 3 & Feather Proguard which so far is really working well. Need a few more Shaves with it.
 
Top