Favourite Razor & blade pairing

Another vote for the Rockwell 6S on 4 plate or the Model T on 4 ish with a Polsilver SI. Newly acquired PILS is running them close though with the same blade though I am yet to try it with a feather as suggested by several peeps.

Dcw7830

Another vote for the Rockwell 6S on 4 plate or the Model T on 4 ish with a Polsilver SI. Newly acquired PILS is running them close though with the same blade though I am yet to try it with a feather as suggested by several peeps.
Feather with the 6s on 3 plate is the sweet spot for me. 5 or 6 with a smoother blade

Vacumatic

I think that what is interesting with this thread is the wide variety of likes and dislikes.

I like a sharp blade in a mild razor, my current favourite is a Wilkinson TTO with a Shark blade.

The blade I will never buy again is a Topaz, despite being called stainless it goes rusty within 3 days. The other factors which influence a good shave are not just the blade and razor, in my case using argan oil soap and Palmolive shave stick has at least as much good effect as the blade and razor combination.

Last edited:

NRG

Legendary Member
My favorite combinations:
1. Timeless .68 + Feather
2. Tatara Masamune SB + Personna Lab
3. Blackbird SB + Polsilver
4. Timeless .95 + Polsilver
5. Rex Ambassador + Sputnik
6. Gillette Fatboy + Sputnik