Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Vectors are sold out currently so you have some time to think about it. Although, they sold out in less than half the time they were supposed to so that might tell you something. :)

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I'm just had the first use of the Vector. Wow! If you like AC blades this is just fabulous. I love the Stainless General... The Vector just improves on everything. The shave is very similar in terms of efficiency, blade feel. But the balance, sleekness of the Vector just blows the General out of the water. I really cannot see how AC shaving could be bettered. It won't move the General out of the den, but it will sit proudly next to it...
I don't recall a OC AC Razor??? Food for thought? :happy::happy::happy:

george1906

Veteran
I'm just had the first use of the Vector. Wow! If you like AC blades this is just fabulous. I love the Stainless General... The Vector just improves on everything. The shave is very similar in terms of efficiency, blade feel. But the balance, sleekness of the Vector just blows the General out of the water. I really cannot see how AC shaving could be bettered. It won't move the General out of the den, but it will sit proudly next to it...
I don't recall a OC AC Razor??? Food for thought? :happy::happy::happy:
I agree with everything about the Vector. I put it neck and neck with the Paradigm
SE as the best SE razors out right now. I have the General in aluminum, brass and stainless and the latter 2 are awesome razors and the efficiency is very similar but the Vector is so much more nimble around my face. I use a Schick Proline with the Vector and a Feather Super with the Paradigm SE. By the way, the one SE OC I know of is the Above the Tie SE2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawfox1

Forum GOD!
I agree with everything about the Vector. I put it neck and neck with the Paradigm
SE as the best SE razors out right now. I have the General in aluminum, brass and stainless and the latter 2 are awesome razors and the efficiency is very similar but the Vector is so much more nimble around my face. I use a Schick Proline with the Vector and a Feather Super with the Paradigm SE. By the way, the one SE OC I know of is the Above the Tie SE2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with your assessment 100%

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

beardyweirdy

Forum GOD!
@Blackland Razors do you have any plans for a brass Vector? I'm thinking about getting myself a christmas present (or birthday next year) but can't really decide between the Vector or a DE Karve. A brass Vector would be a no-brainer though.

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
@Blackland Razors do you have any plans for a brass Vector? I'm thinking about getting myself a christmas present (or birthday next year) but can't really decide between the Vector or a DE Karve. A brass Vector would be a no-brainer though.
Brass would need extra consideration due to the narrow post and the softness of brass. I’m not opposed, but testing would be needed to determine if it’s even possible.

beardyweirdy

Forum GOD!
Highly subjective here but I think titanium might be too light for this design to work properly. I do prefer light razors but examples such as the RR Lupo and the aluminum General have shown that a razor can actually be too light (for me) and require an extra amount of pressure.

As for the softness, according to my dad (retired machinist, had him hollow out several of my 303 and 316 steel handles to make them lighter) there are kinds of brass that are pretty close to steel in terms of hardness. I suspect some kinds might be harder than 303 which isn't particularly hard either.
But I guess as long as there is nothing else planned I wouldn't mind a steel Vector. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Highly subjective here but I think titanium might be too light for this design to work properly. I do prefer light razors but examples such as the RR Lupo and the aluminum General have shown that a razor can actually be too light (for me) and require an extra amount of pressure.

As for the softness, according to my dad (retired machinist, had him hollow out several of my 303 and 316 steel handles to make them lighter) there are kinds of brass that are pretty close to steel in terms of hardness. I suspect some kinds might be harder than 303 which isn't particularly hard either.
But I guess as long as there is nothing else planned I wouldn't mind a steel Vector. :rolleyes:
It’s true that there are brass alloys that can do what we need it to do. I’m just not yet educated enough to know which one(s). Plus my focus is elsewhere for the next 6 months or so. We’ll revisit this at some point!

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
I had this shaving Olympian quiet far to long. I had been on a spree of shaving with newly acquired DE’s both standard & adjustable (one prototype) that had my head spinning but, leaving me with a s**t eating grin after every shave. Today I wanted to change it up and wanted an SE shave and saw the Vector sitting there stoically just waiting for an opportunity to slice & dice some facial whiskers. It was on and it did not disappoint. Loaded up a fresh Pro Super and this American Samurai sliced and demolished 2 days of growth like a freshly forged Hatori Hanzu Steel (Kill Bill Vol.1) cutting through the Crazy 8’s gang. Magnificent tool that is designed for the utmost in cutting prowess, maneuverability, comfort and near perfect balance. Also, not a bad razor to look at either. LOVE this thing....

8171772C-28EA-4ABE-96DB-56EB4CACD8BE.jpeg

Will-J

Forum GOD!
Can anyone recommend a good travel case / slip case for the Vector? Was thinking of maybe getting a soap tin and fitting out some foam if nothing else as I think something with hard sides may be best.

The lovely narrow head means most of my current leather pouches are just a bit too loose fitting.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Can anyone recommend a good travel case / slip case for the Vector? Was thinking of maybe getting a soap tin and fitting out some foam if nothing else as I think something with hard sides may be best.

The lovely narrow head means most of my current leather pouches are just a bit too loose fitting.
Getting the right size is the hard part, mines too deep but you get the idea
903B951E-CCC1-47EE-96C0-95FDFBF30651.jpeg
0A40A059-7E52-4D93-8D3B-EE71CE168506.jpeg