Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
My Vector arrived, first impressions, super looking razor very stylish nicely balanced a great piece of well thought out design, to use an analogy If I may, If PILS made a SE razor it would probably look like the Vector, I haven't shaved with the razor yet I'll leave that until Wednesday, but can tell by moving this around my face without a blade that this razor will definitely deliver the goods.

 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Just a wonderful shave with the polished Vector. Extremely easy and a pure joy to use. Is it more effective than the machined version of the Vector? I really can’t say to be honest. I don’t remember feeling any drag or the razor being less smooth than the polished version. I would probably have to wait and do a side by side with both Vectors and see if there is a difference in face feel and shave quality. But, does it really matter? Not in the least I would think. Good prep and a good lather will help any razor glide smoothly across ones face. In the end, only a head to head face off will give a definite answer.

In the meantime, I can make do with the polished Vector any day of the week. Twice on Sunday if I could....

7AAAC932-19D2-4D2D-8EEA-310E822AF12B.jpeg
 

brothers

Forum GOD!
I wouldn't mind trying the Vector, but my two General razors (aluminum and brass) are already as close to perfection as anything I've ever used before. The whiskers always grow back tomorrow anyway, so I think I'm not ready to spend the bucks. Is this referred to as the principal of diminishing returns?
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I wouldn't mind trying the Vector, but my two General razors (aluminum and brass) are already as close to perfection as anything I've ever used before. The whiskers always grow back tomorrow anyway, so I think I'm not ready to spend the bucks. Is this referred to as the principal of diminishing returns?
As you're in the US why not try Shane's 30 trial? Seems like a no-brainer for me. The General is exceptional and the Vector shaves no better, but it feels slightly different and is for me more enjoyable to use.
 
Top