Your best adjustable...or adjustables. Pics or not, your choice....

Sausage

Forum GOD!
The story of adjustables...Originally I had Merkur Futur and Progress ( did not like Progress handle..to slippery). I sold them and bought the chinese Futur clone. First one had bad blade alignment so I ordered another one. It was better but not quite as good as the real Futur. So after that I have ordered real Futur and Parker Variant also. My favourite adjustable is Futur.
 

Uncle Sam

Active Member
I've only got one adjustable, a 1961 G1 Fatboy. I've only had it a few weeks and have only used it on 1 and 2. Excellent shaves with a Feather blade for my medium beard.
 
D

Deleted member 2076

Guest
Gentlemen, is there any of you with a profound knowledge of vintage Gillettes? I'd need an expertise on a Toggle I was offered.
 

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
I have a couple of Gillette Slim adjustables, though for some reason no matter what I try, blades, settings, soap, angle, I can NEVER get a close comfortable shave with them. I keep going back to them because I want to like them, but they just don't do it for me. :unsure:
The Parker Variant is a much better shaver imo.
And a Rockwell 6C. Great all rounder.
(Sorry no pics as I'm away at sea).
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I have a couple of Gillette Slim adjustables, though for some reason no matter what I try, blades, settings, soap, angle, I can NEVER get a close comfortable shave with them. I keep going back to them because I want to like them, but they just don't do it for me. :unsure:
The Parker Variant is a much better shaver imo.
And a Rockwell 6C. Great all rounder.
(Sorry no pics as I'm away at sea).
Have you tried a FatBoy? I too, did not get on with the slims, but the Fatboy is superb...
 
Top